Nikon D300s

AirThomAirThom Registered Users Posts: 153 Major grins
edited July 30, 2009 in Cameras
Wow! I thought for sure the rumors were going to be an exaggerated version of what Nikon would actually release, but they were extremely accurate.

http://imaging.nikon.com/products/imaging/lineup/microsite/d300s/en/specifications/

Dual Card slots
HD Video (although only 720p 24fps)
-contrast detect AF
up to 8fps in continuous shooting (7pfs without grip)
Quiet shutter mode
etc.

Very exciting!

So now, all you D300 owners please kill the price of the D300 so I can afford one of those. :wink :rofl

Comments

• Moogle PepperMoogle Pepper Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited July 30, 2009
    Dual CF slots!! eek7.gifbow

And the new 70-200?! bowdown.gifbow

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0907/0907300370mm200mm.asp
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited July 30, 2009
    Nikon Rules bowdown.gifbowbowdown.gifbow
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 24,079 moderator
    edited July 30, 2009
    The D300, already a great dSLR, just gets better in the D300S. The dual media cards is terribly important for a working professional, so I'll bet that feature gets great reviews. Faster shooting performance is also nice as it indicates a more responsive camera as well. I would hope that the 14bit mode is more usable now. Virtual horizon is a very nice touch.

The video mode just sweetens the pot. (The external microphone port makes the video option much more appealing.)
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited July 30, 2009
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 24,079 moderator
    edited July 30, 2009
    Dual CF slots!! eek7.gifbow

I think it is a CF slot and an SD slot.
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited July 30, 2009
    AirThom wrote:
    So now, all you D300 owners please kill the price of the D300 so I can afford one of those. mwink.gifrolleyes1.gif

Look for good used......that is how i got mine.......one off here and one off ebay...........feel good about what mine cost.
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

edited July 30, 2009

look at the price tag on that sucker........I'll stick with Sigma....................
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Moogle PepperMoogle Pepper Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited July 30, 2009
    ziggy53 wrote:
    I think it is a CF slot and an SD slot.

Oh.. right. Still! It's a great feature to have!
    Art Scott wrote:
    look at the price tag on that sucker........I'll stick with Sigma....................

Too true! But still.. it looks like it is going to make one heck of a lens an even more one heck of a lens!
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com
  • SteveFSteveF Registered Users Posts: 466 Major grins
    edited July 30, 2009
    One feature I was happy to see was that it retains autofocus while shooting video.

I had been thinking of getting a GH1 with the kit 14-140 lens, but with the autofocus of the D300s I will really have to re-think this.

Being able to use my other Nikon lenses with video would be a great +.
  • rookieshooterrookieshooter Registered Users Posts: 539 Major grins
    edited July 30, 2009
    Art Scott wrote:

You're not kidding. That price tag is ridiculous.
    edited July 30, 2009
    Oh.. right. Still! It's a great feature to have!

Too true! But still.. it looks like it is going to make one heck of a lens an even more one heck of a lens!

A little water and dust resistance.....a plastic bag can do the same thing.......I am not seeing anything to get all that excited about.......................

• rookieshooterrookieshooter Registered Users Posts: 539 Major grins
    edited July 30, 2009
    The biggest change is it supposedly no longer vignettes on FX sensor bodies, so for those people it's somewhat exciting news. I'm one of those people with an FX body but don't have an FX wallet for glass unfortunately.
  • DsrtVWDsrtVW Registered Users Posts: 1,991 Major grins
    edited July 30, 2009
    I almost bought a nikon 70-200mm but went with a Tokina 50-135 f 2.8 which I am very well pleased. And I have a 70-210 f4 to hold me over.
    But I am saving up for one of the new ones
    Chris K. NANPA Member
    http://kadvantage.smugmug.com/