Options

Evening shift work mates

michswissmichswiss Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,235 Major grins
edited July 30, 2009 in Street and Documentary
606180544_RDAjg-XL.jpg

This is something of an exercise for me of weekday shooting that I am going to try and integrate into my life. 24 hour-ish turn around of an interesting image at some point in my normal work-week. This was taken Wednesday evening using my current favorite set up, the "1.4 Nifty 50" with street wrist-strap on the body.

I struggled with the title / thread description for the shot last night and during the day today, but finally knew that they are basically 'Mates on a break and having a good Chin Wag*. Technically, I think I stuffed it up. But that's a part of street shooting.

*Australian for conversation amongst close friends. Chin wag, the energetic movement of the mouth during a long conversation...

Comments

• Options
    bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited July 30, 2009
    michswiss wrote:

I struggled with the title / thread description for the shot last night and during the day today, but finally knew that they are basically 'Mates on a break and having a good Chin Wag*. Technically, I think I stuffed it up. But that's a part of street shooting.

*Australian for conversation amongst close friends. Chin wag, the energetic movement of the mouth during a long conversation...

I would urge you to just call your thread/threads Chinese Street Shooting (with a number) - skip the damn titles. The photos should speak for themselves. It doesn't matter what you call this image - it's simply an excellent street photo. Let us twist our brains into knots trying to figure out what's going on here. When photographer's put titles on images they lock those images into boxes - don't do it! wings.gif

(And I'd get rid of some of the dead space on the left - not all, just some. rolleyes1.gif )
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com
    "He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed