"Back To The Garden"

bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
edited July 31, 2009 in People
The New York Times "Lens" blog today features a wonderful slide show of Woodstock images by Life Magazine photographer Bill Eppridge with commentary by Eppridge. The accompanying article is well worth reading.

Enjoy!
bd@bdcolenphoto.com
"He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed

Comments

• adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited July 30, 2009
    Thanks for pointing that out. I liked his choice of phrase, "There were pictures happening everywhere."
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,955 moderator
    edited July 30, 2009
    bdcolen wrote:
    The New York Times "Lens" blog today features a wonderful slide show of Woodstock images by Life Magazine photographer Bill Eppridge with commentary by Eppridge. The accompanying article is well worth reading.

Enjoy!

Thanks for the link, BD. Woodstock was an interesting phenomenon. I didn't attend, but I knew quite a few people at the time who did. Almost all of them came back talking about what a total disaster it was, the rain, the mud, no food, etc. Then the myth making began. A year later the very same people were saying how great it was. Fascinating. :D
  • bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited July 31, 2009
    Richard wrote:
    A year later the very same people were saying how great it was. Fascinating. :D

It's better than that, Richard. Apparently Woodstock is the new Mayflower - thousands and thousands more people than were there claim to have attended - just like the countless people who claim to be descended from someone on the Mayflower. rolleyes1.gif

I missed Woodstock One, but my daughter, now 31, attended Woodstock II, which was also raining and muddy. When she and her carload of friends got home they were so disgusting and mudcaked that we tossed their sleeping bags, and tent, and made them take off their clothes before we'd even let them in the house.wings.gif
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com
    "He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed