Options

CS4 and Braces

cdonovancdonovan Registered Users Posts: 724 Major grins
edited August 2, 2009 in Finishing School
I'm editing a wedding at the mother of the bride is not happy with her pictures because she has braces. She warned me before hand and asked that I be careful to keep the braces low key. I edited her pictures and was pleased that they didn't look front and center, she's not thrilled though.

I haven't done any major work on them yet, I guess I'm wondering what you folks would recommend. I was planing to use the dodge tool on a separate layer and adjust the transparency to look "real"

I should have recommended closed mouth smiling!:rofl

Comments

• Options
    lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,208 Major grins
    edited August 2, 2009
    cdonovan wrote:
    I'm editing a wedding at the mother of the bride is not happy with her pictures because she has braces. She warned me before hand and asked that I be careful to keep the braces low key. I edited her pictures and was pleased that they didn't look front and center, she's not thrilled though.

I haven't done any major work on them yet, I guess I'm wondering what you folks would recommend. I was planing to use the dodge tool on a separate layer and adjust the transparency to look "real"

I should have recommended closed mouth smiling!rolleyes1.gif
    Ya know... I've been thinking about this.. and don't laugh... but... what are her daughters teeth like.... in some shots you maybe could substitute?? and no I'm not joking.. I've done it with restoration shots, where the teeth have been nearly completely gone! just a thought.. would be worth a fun one or two don't you think?ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    PhenomenologicalPhenomenological Registered Users Posts: 39 Big grins
    edited August 2, 2009
    lynnma wrote:
    Ya know... I've been thinking about this.. and don't laugh... but... what are her daughters teeth like.... in some shots you maybe could substitute?? and no I'm not joking.. I've done it with restoration shots, where the teeth have been nearly completely gone! just a thought.. would be worth a fun one or two don't you think?ne_nau.gif

I too have had success editing in minor things like teeth/eyes from other subjects in the photograph, for example if one person in a group image has their eyes closed etc...As long as you take care to do it properly and make sure there are no rough edges, unless someone looks very closely or the thing you're editing is central to the image they probably won't notice.