any rummers about canons new line for this fall

jovittajovitta Registered Users Posts: 175 Major grins
edited August 1, 2009 in Cameras
I was wondering if anyone heard about the new line of pro canon camera's comming out in the fall.

Jovitta
BE YOURSELF FRIENDS WILL LIKE YOU FOR YOUR OWN UNIQUE PERSONALITY AND STYLE
http://jeffovittphotography.com
Member; NANPA
Equipment: Canon 5D, 1DS, 16-35 F2.8, 70-200 F4, 580EX Flash, Galen Rowell GND filters, Singh-Ray Vari-ND filter, Lee filter holder,Gitzo 2227 tripod & monfotto 3221 tripod, Gitzo GH2780QR ballhead,
Epson 3880 pro pinter, CS5, Nik software complete edition, Photomatix.

Comments

• ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 24,079 moderator
    edited July 31, 2009
    I never hear anything worth repeating until after it is announced.

I can say that I "suspect" there should be an update for the Canon 1D MKIII (maybe a IIIN?) with a new AF module to replace the much maligned AF problems relating to the original 1D MKIII. Whether it happens in this fall or not I would not venture a guess. I suspect it will be much better tested than previous versions to insure a smooth rollout. I would also suspect that the end of the Canon crop 1.3x cameras is near. I kind of hope not as I find the format a nice compromise between the FF and crop 1.6x cameras.

I also suspect that the 1Ds MKIII will be improved to further distinguish it from the 5D MKII.

I would personally like to see a version of the 5D MKII with a better AF section, but no other changes necessary.

Eventually I think we will see a professional Canon crop 1.6x camera, with the AF speed and accuracy of the 1D/1Ds cameras as well as the metering system and extremely fast fps, maybe 15 fps possible with the smaller reflex mirror. (Possibly even a camera which only cycles the mirror every other shot to allow the very fast fps.)

All of the above is pure speculation, absolute conjecture on my part.
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited July 31, 2009
    not to be relied on, but canonrumours.com mentions the possible forthcoming model today. Rumours, rumours, rumours...

I sure hope my wishlist items turn up in a body in the next 6-10months. I won't be able to afford it, I'm sure, but it'll give me something to save for... :D
  • TomTom Registered Users Posts: 22 Big grins
    edited August 1, 2009
    divamum wrote:
    not to be relied on, but canonrumours.com mentions the possible forthcoming model today. Rumours, rumours, rumours...
    Interesting stuff at that site. It hints that there may be an updated 135 L coming out. Actually I wish Canon would instead improve their other 135. The autofocus is circa 1987 and who needs soft focus these days? I'd love to have a fast inexpensive prime lens at that length. Like a stretched "nifty fifty".
  • thegridrunnerthegridrunner Registered Users Posts: 235 Major grins
    edited August 1, 2009
    I heard that Canon was ceding the DSLR market to Nikon because they can't compete.
  • Manfr3dManfr3d Registered Users Posts: 2,008 Major grins
    edited August 1, 2009
    I heard that Canon was ceding the DSLR market to Nikon because they can't compete.

Those of us who use Canon have similar dreams about Nikon giving it up to Canon. :D
    “To consult the rules of composition before making a picture is a little like consulting the law of gravitation before going for a walk.”
    ― Edward Weston