Uraban Construction-Scapes?

InternautInternaut Registered Users Posts: 347 Major grins
edited August 1, 2009 in Landscapes
Let's face it, the best landscapes generally come from nature which is why I decided to some urban construction-scapes from the Special Administrative Region of Hong Kong :D

597999323_yAreN-XL.jpg

598000836_Uu6qm-XL.jpg

597995569_XRtbs-XL.jpg

All three were taken with the Olympus Zuiko 9-18 lens at 9mm (FOV 18mm for 35mm lovers).

Comments

• thapamdthapamd Registered Users Posts: 1,722 Major grins
    edited July 31, 2009
    Original and colorful. I like the "unobstructed" view of the 2nd shot best. Nice work! thumb.gif
    Shoot in RAW because memory is cheap but memories are priceless.

Mahesh
    http://www.StarvingPhotographer.com
  • Miguel DelinquentoMiguel Delinquento Registered Users Posts: 904 Major grins
    edited July 31, 2009
    Try HDR
    I like these shots. A lot to look at. I think the first one is best but not by much.
    I took a series of shots of downtown Seattle from the south that look very similar--water on left, city in distance, rich clouds, stuff happening right in foreground. I'm not a huge fan of HDR, but I applied it to my shot and it turned out to be lots of fun. Unfortunately I cannot access the shot right now to share, but I encourage you to try a dose of HDR or tone mapping on these shots.
    M
  • InternautInternaut Registered Users Posts: 347 Major grins
    edited August 1, 2009
    HDR might be worth a try...
    One of the things I liked about this set was that the lighting conditions produced photos that were almost HDR like straight out of the camera (these are just OOC JPEGs with slight contrast/saturation/definition/vibrancy boosts plus a touch of H&S adjustment). Now, given the particular camera model (an Olympus E-510), I might get some benefit from over exposing/under exposing 2/3 either way and doing a HDR/tone map in something like Photomatix (without "over doing" it).....
  • ktskts Registered Users Posts: 145 Major grins
    edited August 1, 2009
    that first shot is great!