Stormy HDR Photos

VycorVycor Registered Users Posts: 386 Major grins
edited August 1, 2009 in Landscapes
I love when storms roll in. I also love when they roll right over me and not a drop of rain falls. This was the case today. My second trip to this local spot on the south shore of Long Island. The storm was off to the north-west but it came right over me and kinda passed by heading south-east. So here are a few shots with the storm rolling in and the surroundings. Each image is made via the HDR tehnique with 5 images... let me know what you think (i won 1st place in a local contest recently with one of my HDR stormy beach scenes)

3776172461_52ab1afbac_b.jpg

3776173109_5f40358a65_b.jpg

3776184889_351f6a2b84_b.jpg

Comments

• GORIOGORIO Registered Users Posts: 262 Major grins
    edited July 31, 2009
    nice photos! i love the deviant clouds there! im a fan of hdr/lucis art!clap.gif
    just the usual cc:

1. the white horizon are there no clouds at all there? it would be better if there are some detail instead of white/washout only.

2. the depth of field especially on the 1st pic is staggering!thumb.gif

3. the detail of midtones, shadows on the chairs are excellent!

over all good work!wings.gif

would appreciate if you check out my hdr alsi will be posting them in a while

much respect,
    karlo
    "Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea and Ideas are Bulletproof..."
  • VycorVycor Registered Users Posts: 386 Major grins
    edited August 1, 2009
    Yeah white horizon is no clouds at all, and nothing either so its not washed out theres just... nothing, lol
  • thapamdthapamd Registered Users Posts: 1,722 Major grins
    edited August 1, 2009
    Nice HDRs! I agree, the very bright parts don't look like they have any detail in them, however. Even if there were no clouds, it should still have some kind of detail. If that's what you intended then great! :D
    Shoot in RAW because memory is cheap but memories are priceless.

Mahesh
    http://www.StarvingPhotographer.com
  • VycorVycor Registered Users Posts: 386 Major grins
    edited August 1, 2009
    Its not what I intended... there was just nothing there... nothing but ocean waters as far as the eye could see.... and behind the dark clouds was grey/white clouds...
  • jeffmeyersjeffmeyers Registered Users Posts: 1,535 Major grins
    edited August 1, 2009
    I like these. Well done! thumb.gifthumb.gif
    More Photography . . . Less Photoshop [. . . except when I do it]
    Jeff Meyers