Riverside Dr., Night: Shot with Old Folding Camera; Focus & Exposure Estimated

gvfgvf Registered Users Posts: 356 Major grins
edited August 3, 2009 in Landscapes
RIVERSIDE DR, NIGHT (slight tint)

Ercona 6x9. German Folding Camera c.1950.
Uncoupled Rangefinder - you can't see where lens is focused; so distance is estimated or use Depth of Field (no need for focusing anyway).
No light meter, exposure is estimate/calculation. Tripod used.

51148792_TBAaP-L.jpg

Comments

• thapamdthapamd Registered Users Posts: 1,722 Major grins
    edited August 1, 2009
    Nice compositoin, but the motion blur on the leaves and the very bright areas detract from the overall image, IMO.
    Shoot in RAW because memory is cheap but memories are priceless.

Mahesh
    http://www.StarvingPhotographer.com
  • dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited August 1, 2009
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited August 3, 2009
    I love this! Moody and classic and the swirl of leaves at the top actually make me think of storm clouds. thumb.gif

I wouldn't know where to begin shooting with a contraption like this. As I catch up with posts from the weekend I hope I see more like this from you :D
  • gvfgvf Registered Users Posts: 356 Major grins
    edited August 3, 2009
    I love this! Moody and classic and the swirl of leaves at the top actually make me think of storm clouds. thumb.gif

I wouldn't know where to begin shooting with a contraption like this.

Thanks for the nice comments. These old cameras are really pretty easy to shoot with, they're so simple - at least in medium format, the only one I know at all; and the calculations for light and distance pretty easy too once you get past all the terminology. (Good way to strike up conversations as well plunking around an 80 year old folding camera!)