Kitesurfing Waddel beach Ca

JacobovsJacobovs Registered Users Posts: 491 Major grins
edited August 4, 2009 in Sports

Comments

• DeeDee Registered Users Posts: 2,981 Major grins
    edited August 1, 2009
    Wow, these are pretty good, especially the first one. Love the green water! What lens were you using? Usually I can't manage to get that close. Hope you had a good time watching and capturing them all.
  • JacobovsJacobovs Registered Users Posts: 491 Major grins
    edited August 1, 2009
    Dee wrote:
    Wow, these are pretty good, especially the first one. Love the green water! What lens were you using? Usually I can't manage to get that close. Hope you had a good time watching and capturing them all.

Thanks, I was using my 400mm with the 1.7x TC. It was a lot of fun! This kitesurfer put on quite a show. you can see the rest on my smugmug page.

www.jacobovitz.smugmug.com

585946259_4YW6V-L.jpg
  • toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins
    edited August 1, 2009
    Nice stuff, colors, action, subject separation; you got it all.

I shoot kite surfers on San Francisco bay, I get a lot of air but no waves. These are real nice
    Rags
  • tdinardotdinardo Registered Users Posts: 98 Big grins
    edited August 1, 2009
    Very nice set. Excellent composition, DOF, and colors. thumb.gif
  • Raina.RaeRaina.Rae Registered Users Posts: 205 Major grins
    edited August 3, 2009
    These are excelent photos. However it would be nice to get some of the kite in there if possible because if your not looking for the bar, the kite surfers use you might just think it is regular surfing. But I still think they are great pictures, the water came out nice.
    edited August 3, 2009
    Nah. You would have get way back (lose all detail) or be under the surfer then just get the board.

If you have an example please post it I sure would like to see it.
    Rags
  • Raina.RaeRaina.Rae Registered Users Posts: 205 Major grins
    edited August 3, 2009
    torags wrote:
    Nah. You would have get way back (lose all detail) or be under the surfer then just get the board.

If you have an example please post it I sure would like to see it.

I relize with kite surfing when they are up out of the water the kite is basically straight up. My roommate is a power kiter and I got some pictures of him practicing on some sand dunes.

Example.
    608854713_s5gVc-M.jpg

While not as visually stimulating since I couldn't get infront of him. It gets the kite in the shot. Plus I still need to practice some.
    edited August 3, 2009
    Raina.Rae wrote:
    I relize with kite surfing when they are up out of the water the kite is basically straight up. My roommate is a power kiter and I got some pictures of him practicing on some sand dunes.

Example.
    608854713_s5gVc-M.jpg

While not as visually stimulating since I couldn't get infront of him. It gets the kite in the shot. Plus I still need to practice some.

With all due respect... A kite surfer would be in the water with the kite where it is, therefore no shot opportunity.

If you got in front of him and wanted to get the kite in, he would have less detail than he does now.

I shoot near a break where when the wind is right the kite surfers are almost over land and I'm just about under them. I always try to get their kite in, and I have always failed:

362896601_Qxbwq-M.jpg

WAIT WAIT, I have one shot with the surfers and their kite in one frame...

326781337_Q4cP4-M.jpg

:D

Hey Jacob I'm going to stop at Waddel Creek if the conditions are good on my way down to shoot polo.
    Rags
  • JacobovsJacobovs Registered Users Posts: 491 Major grins
    edited August 4, 2009
    torags wrote:
    With all due respect... A kite surfer would be in the water with the kite where it is, therefore no shot opportunity.

If you got in front of him and wanted to get the kite in, he would have less detail than he does now.

I shoot near a break where when the wind is right the kite surfers are almost over land and I'm just about under them. I always try to get their kite in, and I have always failed:

362896601_Qxbwq-M.jpg

WAIT WAIT, I have one shot with the surfers and their kite in one frame...

326781337_Q4cP4-M.jpg

:D

Hey Jacob I'm going to stop at Waddel Creek if the conditions are good on my way down to shoot polo.

Sorry i missed you, I will be there likely in 2 weeks