Options

Open as layers lightroom-photoshop

InsuredDisasterInsuredDisaster Registered Users Posts: 1,132 Major grins
edited August 1, 2009 in Finishing School
I downloaded the trial version of CS4 Extended, and have been playing with it a bit.

I've run across the following problem. When I select a group of NEF files in lightroom, and then "open as layers" in photoshop, the blown out sky ends up grey and the layers look really weird. I can't seem to get the sky to go back to white either.

If I just click "Edit in CS4" then the same photo will show up just fine, actually revealing that there was still some slight cloud detail.

I checked the color profiles and switched CS4's to ProRGB. I've tried setting PS to other profiles as well. Still, nasty looking, with whites only coming out grey.

I found also that setting the color settings to "Montitor RGB-Plug and Play Monitor-1" fixes this problem. This is the profile loaded by the Spyder Pro that I have.

I'm just wondering if I'm wrong somewhere in here. Either my calibration is messed up, or something else is not right.

What gives?

Actually, I just discovered that if I "assign profile" and then select, Don't color manage this document" The sky correctly displays as white. Is this the correct solution? What Am I doing wrong?