Options

Minor weirdness

RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,937 moderator
edited August 3, 2009 in Dgrin Forum Support
I'm running Firefox 3.0.12 on XP. Recently I have noticed a strange thing: in the forum threads listings, the first icon does not appear, but is replaced by the rollover text. For example, cool2 shows up rather than its icon. Subsequent icons behave normally, and it only seems to happen occasionally. Anybody else notice this? :scratch

Comments

• Options
    PhenomenologicalPhenomenological Registered Users Posts: 39 Big grins
    edited August 1, 2009
    I'm getting the same sort of thing happening with the thread icons in the forums, and I've noticed it on two different forums today. Instead of loading the picture denoting if you've replied to a thread etc, I get the text. Haven't noticed it in posts though and it's a bit sporadic. Also running Firefox 3.0.12 on XP.
  • Options
    edited August 1, 2009
    Glad to hear that it's not just me. Here's another thing that just started happening--"Go to last post" appears next to the username in the first thread listed:

607651789_J7mGk-M.jpg

However, mousing over it changes it to the normal display:

607651859_UjWpr-M.jpg

Javascript problem, maybe? ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,916 moderator
    edited August 2, 2009
    Richard, et. al. Have you made changes to font size at all? This might be a part of the problem. For some reason, I've noticed some sites don't properly resize if you increase the font size on the fly.
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    PhenomenologicalPhenomenological Registered Users Posts: 39 Big grins
    edited August 2, 2009
    Nope font size is normal for me...The problem still persists. ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited August 2, 2009
    Clear cache, completely?
  • Options
    edited August 3, 2009
    ian408 wrote:
    Richard, et. al. Have you made changes to font size at all? This might be a part of the problem. For some reason, I've noticed some sites don't properly resize if you increase the font size on the fly.
    I normally run it at 120% (I have a hi-res laptop screen), but resetting it to 100% did not make a difference.
  • Options
    edited August 3, 2009
    Andy wrote:
    Clear cache, completely?
    Cleared and restarted, but problem persists. ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    edited August 3, 2009
    Well, I don't know what the problem was, but upgrading to FF 3.5.1 seems to have fixed it. Since a new version of Javascript was introduced in 3.5, I suspect the implementation in 3.0.12 was at fault.