What do you think?

wildviperwildviper Registered Users Posts: 560 Major grins
edited August 1, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
Please provide me with the thoughts that come to your mind seeing this picture. Positive or Negative...
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
WildViper
From Nikon D70s > Nikon D300s & D700
Nikon 50/1.8, Tamron 28-75/2.8 1st gen, Nikkor 12-24/4, Nikkor 70-200/2.8 ED VR, SB600, SB900, SB-26 and Gitzo 2 Series Carbon Fiber with Kirk Ballhead

Comments

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited August 1, 2009
    I don't have much reaction at all. I'm not sure what the subject is....unless it's the ribbon someone tied to identify their bag. A good picture won't leave you guessing what the subject is. This one just doesn't quite do it for me. Others may well feel differently.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Miguel DelinquentoMiguel Delinquento Registered Users Posts: 904 Major grins
    edited August 1, 2009
    I like the muted processing effects on this shot. I only wish I could muster even half the enthusiasm about the composition. The story fails to come through to me. If it is a still life, unfortunately the subject matter is not interesting, it all looks very haphazard in the setup. I think the bits of the transfer tag are a huge distraction, but I don't quite know what it's distracting me from.

Hope this helps.

M
  • wildviperwildviper Registered Users Posts: 560 Major grins
    edited August 1, 2009
    thank you both.

I was trying to see if this would fall under the "art" category. I was hoping that people would be thinking in terms of travel and the journeys these bags have taken and so on.

Just learning how to compose a picture to tell a story. Obvlously lot more to learn still! :)
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    WildViper
    From Nikon D70s > Nikon D300s & D700
    Nikon 50/1.8, Tamron 28-75/2.8 1st gen, Nikkor 12-24/4, Nikkor 70-200/2.8 ED VR, SB600, SB900, SB-26 and Gitzo 2 Series Carbon Fiber with Kirk Ballhead
  • Miguel DelinquentoMiguel Delinquento Registered Users Posts: 904 Major grins
    edited August 1, 2009
    wildviper wrote:
    [deleted]
    Just learning how to compose a picture to tell a story. Obvlously lot more to learn still! :)
    It's not easy for most of us mortals. Try opening one of the suitcases up and laying out interesting stuff to tell the story.

M