used camera equipment

yooperdooperyooperdooper Registered Users Posts: 231 Major grins
edited August 2, 2009 in Cameras
i have been using a two year old canon eos 30d and i want to buy a used backup camera.any suggestions on what type and where i can buy one?i want to use the same lenses on each camera.i saw a rebel for $450 used with a 18-55mm lens.can anyone help or suggest?thank you

Comments

• NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited August 1, 2009
    i have been using a two year old canon eos 30d and i want to buy a used backup camera.any suggestions on what type and where i can buy one?i want to use the same lenses on each camera.i saw a rebel for $450 used with a 18-55mm lens.can anyone help or suggest?thank you
    I think used 30D should be about that price range now. It's beheficial to have two identical bodies. Check www.FredMiranda.com
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • gryphonslair99gryphonslair99 Registered Users Posts: 182 Major grins
    edited August 1, 2009
    When I decided to add a second body I upgraded and kept the old body as the second body. Just a thought.
  • AlbertZeroKAlbertZeroK Registered Users Posts: 217 Major grins
    edited August 2, 2009
    Get another 30D
    I just picked up a 30D on ebay with a battery grip for $480. I could have gotten one less if I didn't want the battery grip.

I'm getting ready to get rid of my original digital Rebel 300D (Have to clean it and take picture and figure out a price, not sure what it's worth, but perhaps a 300D is an option for you.

I would skip the 20D, price difference between the 30D and the 20D on the used market is not that great.
    Canon 50D and 2x T2i's // 2x 580ex II // FlexTT5's & MiniTT1's
    EFS 17-55 f/2.8 & 10-22 // Sigma 30mm f/1.4 & 50mm f/1.4
    Sigma Bigma OS // Canon 70-200 IS f/2.8