edited August 7, 2009 in People
606517852_Cxxjo-L.jpg

Thanks for the ideas and help!
Jerry
www.meesoon.smugmug.com

Comments

• TrevlanTrevlan Registered Users Posts: 649 Major grins
    edited August 2, 2009
    Maybe we could see the skateboarder dude, with a skakeboard...? Doing skateboard stuff.
    Frank Martinez
    Nikon Shooter
    It's all about the moment...
  • bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited August 2, 2009
    Trevlan wrote:
    Maybe we could see the skateboarder dude, with a skakeboard...? Doing skateboard stuff.

Bingo!clap.gif
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com
    "He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed
  • gvfgvf Registered Users Posts: 356 Major grins
    edited August 7, 2009
    I think the only problem with the photo is the title - which gives an impression the action of skateboarding will be central to the scene. I like the photo, contrast between the soft face and the get-up of the helmet etc. I also like that without the title it's a bit of a mystery what he's wearing. Call it "Gladiator" or something like that perhaps. Or just what it is: "portrait of a youth".

Might want to slightly sharpen the face - the helmet is a perfect in focus compared to the face. Or, at a 100%, carefully sharpen just a bit the oval border of the eye, and the outside edge of the iris, and perhaps same with lip line. Pay around. That may give illusion the whole face is sharper, but still keep the softness of the overall area - the feel of soft skin. Have to be careful though - without meaning too you might change the expression, which is really nice right now. But, experiments are experiments, don't have to keep changes you don't like....
    Anyway, nice shot!