Mount Rainier Wildflowers - 1

scolescole Registered Users Posts: 378 Major grins
edited August 2, 2009 in Landscapes
I'd better post this before my PNW breathen post.. :D

I took Friday off to make a tour de force at Mount Rainier. I've seperated my day into 3 posts to cover the three areas I visited: Tipsoo Lake, the backside of Naches Peak, and Mazama Ridge. Photos from books just can't compare to actually being there to witness it. It's simply amazing.

These photos cover the Tipsoo Lake area which was in prime wildflower condition. Unfortunately, I arrived mid-day so the lighting (and haze) was at its worst:

608148572_Fx8MA-L.jpg

608148279_ax4bk-L.jpg

3. Yakima Peak in the background
608147740_uHK6Z-L.jpg

608147870_avFYp-L.jpg

608148107_SXSrn-L.jpg

608148925_uKAJ2-L.jpg

7. Naches Peak
608158137_QoEdx-L.jpg

Thanks for looking..

Comments

• philiphutsonphiliphutson Registered Users Posts: 235 Major grins
    edited August 2, 2009
    I like #4. The darker background is nice. Yeah noon can be harsh. Usually when I'm trying to photograph flowers midday I try and find way to get the light coming through the flowers or look for shade and light contrasts or backgrounds like you did in #4 were you got a dark background to contrast with the bright light.
    I think there might be some potential in #5 and #6. Try working with the contrast and it might help them. The green in #6 looks interesting and the blue in #5 (darkened a bit) has potential.
    Oops you didn't say c&c welcome oh well just ignore this if you don't want c&c. rolleyes1.gif
    -Philip
    If you want to see paradise simply look around and see it.
    -Willy Wonka
  • thapamdthapamd Registered Users Posts: 1,722 Major grins
    edited August 2, 2009
    Beautiful set, Steve! Love the awesome colors and the variety of wildflowers you captured. thumb.gif
    Shoot in RAW because memory is cheap but memories are priceless.

Mahesh
    http://www.StarvingPhotographer.com