Fun 1 for you guys, only in New York. LoL.

TrevlanTrevlan Registered Users Posts: 649 Major grins
edited August 2, 2009 in Street and Documentary
I'm getting very daring with my street photography. My attitude: If you don't want to be photographed, stay home.

The Cat and the Hat
597241465_rJ8R9-L.jpg
Frank Martinez
Nikon Shooter
It's all about the moment...

Comments

• jethibodjethibod Registered Users Posts: 103 Major grins
    edited August 2, 2009
    This is great Frank! My friends and I used to joke when we'd see ladies with big fuzzy hats on that they had cats on their heads....this is so much better! Is there a story behind this guy?
    Jen

Live today like you'll wish you would have 10 years in the future. You only get one life; this is it...live it up. -
    Joy Nash
  • toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins
    edited August 2, 2009
    Ha!!!

Nice catch, Frank

thumb.gif
    Rags
  • bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited August 2, 2009
    Trevlan wrote:
    I'm getting very daring with my street photography. My attitude: If you don't want to be photographed, stay home.

The Cat and the Hat
    597241465_rJ8R9-L.jpg

THAT, Frank, would make Winnogrand proud!! Absolutely fantastic!! Congratulations!! (And your attitude is spot on! rolleyes1.gif )

clap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gif
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com
    "He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed
  • TrevlanTrevlan Registered Users Posts: 649 Major grins
    edited August 2, 2009
    jethibod wrote:
    This is great Frank! My friends and I used to joke when we'd see ladies with big fuzzy hats on that they had cats on their heads....this is so much better! Is there a story behind this guy?

Jen, ready for this? He has the cat on his head, in union square, asking people for donations. LoL. I've seen it all. It's amazing what people will do to make money. I assure you, he's raking in more money than all of us.

BD, I read somewhere that the statistic for being on camera, in NYC (specifically Manhattan) is about 10,000 times per day. What's one more? LoL. I love his expression, you can tell I just walked up to him, set my exposure and took the shot. Hahahahhaha.

Thanks for all of the comments guys, street, and PJ are fun. Once you break out of the,"Will they get mad at me for taking the shot..." mentality, it's actually quite fun. You would also be surprised on how many people will let you take thier picture. I shot this, on that same day.
    597242531_LcA2H-L.jpg

Afterwards, he let me take a shot of him.
    597243179_AU9q6-L.jpg
    Frank Martinez
    Nikon Shooter
  • WingsOfLovePhotoWingsOfLovePhoto Registered Users Posts: 797 Major grins
    edited August 2, 2009
    Trevlan wrote:

The Cat and the Hat
    597241465_rJ8R9-L.jpg

LOVE IT!!! clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif I might be coming to the city on Thurs to get the camera fixed if I can get an appointment. Will have to look for this kind of stuff....that is if I don't get mugged eek7.gif
    Snady :thumb
    my money well spent :D
    Nikon D4, D3s, D3, D700, Nikkor 24-70, 70-200 2.8 vrII, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.4, 105mm macro, sigma fisheye, SB 800's and lots of other goodies!
  • LlywellynLlywellyn Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,186 Major grins
    edited August 2, 2009
    Hilarious capture. :D I love the story within it, and the "WTH?" moment it inspires. Except now I'm wondering how to train my cats to do this... lol3.gif
  • TrevlanTrevlan Registered Users Posts: 649 Major grins
    edited August 2, 2009
    LOVE IT!!! clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif I might be coming to the city on Thurs to get the camera fixed if I can get an appointment. Will have to look for this kind of stuff....that is if I don't get mugged eek7.gif

Sandy, I got your back. Just call me, I'll make myself available on Thursday.

Kyoshi, you are too funny. Your black cat will look amazing as a head fixture! LoL.
    Frank Martinez
    Nikon Shooter