Options

Carlsbad Caverns New Mexico.. First HDR

Bayer-Z28Bayer-Z28 Registered Users Posts: 392 Major grins
edited August 3, 2009 in Journeys
I finally took a trip up to Carlsbad Caverns.. 750ft underground, and about 60*f. Funny story.. The Caverns were closing, and one of the parks Rangers were politely pushing us out. The last three people out, all photographers with our tri-pods.. :rofl I thought it was funny.. :D

Here's some pics... C&C welcomed...

My first two HDR shots..
I'm not really liking how this first one came out.. Fuzzy for some reason.. and the green is blown out in the foreground.
hdrcaverns.jpg

I'm happy with this 2nd HDR try... Mostly.. Kinda... Crooked, I forgot to fix it. I think I'm hooked. I want to try more soon.
mirrorhdr.jpg

here's the rest... These needed very little PS work.

I'm in LOVE with this shot!! :barb The bottom was a couple hundred feet, to the lower right corner.
dsc0065q.jpg

dsc0019n.jpg

dsc0033kgv.jpg

dsc0041tkw.jpg

I was kind of hoping this guy would stand still... no such luck in either of the three shots.
dsc0048gih.jpg

I have another one of this where someone shined their flashlight in the path of the pic, but made this REALLY cool blue light to it..
dsc0053ypu.jpg

And last but not least! One of the bottomless pits. This goes down a couple hundred feet. .. :ivar
dsc0062b.jpg
Auto enthusiast. I drive a 2000 Camaro Z28. LOADED w/ mods.

Camera: Nikon D80, 18-55 f3.5 stocker & 18-200 Nikon VR.... with a small collection of filters..

My Smugmug.. STILL Under construction.
http://bayer-Z28.smugmug.com

Comments