First Senior of the year and first use of reflector

WingsOfLovePhotoWingsOfLovePhoto Registered Users Posts: 797 Major grins
edited August 3, 2009 in People
This is Lauren, my first senior of this year. I did several from her high school last year because they were not liking Lifetouch. They are from a small school so they were able to choose who they wanted...goodie for me! I am doing her friend next week and hope to get some more! I am loving the available light I have found at my new favorite shooting place though having some white balance issues.... I did use a reflector for the first time on the first one.... I think her skin needs a little more work but I didn't want to edit all 100+ pictures perfectly so I will wait to see what she orders. What do you think? Better that last years seniors (for those of you who remember and helped me out in my infancy of professional photography :D )

609096799_q8edi-L.jpg

609096044_tYyno-L.jpg

609094514_yN7KH-L.jpg

609093230_nvD7n-L.jpg

609093224_KTPvA-L.jpg

609093156_VKzGX-L.jpg

609096797_SVV2S-L.jpg

609089754_QTGs9-L.jpg
Snady :thumb
my money well spent :D
Nikon D4, D3s, D3, D700, Nikkor 24-70, 70-200 2.8 vrII, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.4, 105mm macro, sigma fisheye, SB 800's and lots of other goodies!

Comments

• leebaseleebase Registered Users Posts: 630 Major grins
    edited August 2, 2009
    Those are nice. You might try dropping them back a half stop or so of exposure -- I think you'll see richer skin tones and a bit more definition in the face.

Lee
  • ElaineElaine Registered Users Posts: 3,532 Major grins
    edited August 2, 2009
    She's a beautiful girl! I would agree that some seem a touch overexposed...especially 4 and 8.
    There is a hot spot in #1 just to the left of her face that is competing a little bit. I think that's my favorite shot. The reflector use looks great and her pose and expression are lovely and serene.
    I also really like #4. The WB seems a touch cool and overall it's pretty bright.
    #5 is softly lit and nice and warm. Very pretty.
    I love her expression and head position in #6.
    I like the simplicity of #8 and the movement of her hair.

It must be fun to shoot someone who wants to be there and doesn't run away! rolleyes1.gif
    Elaine

Comments and constructive critique always welcome!

Elaine Heasley Photography
  • afev0602afev0602 Registered Users Posts: 166 Major grins
    edited August 3, 2009
    I like 4, 6 and 7....

4 needs some added processing..I agree it looks a little washed out and over exposed...

3 was a good idea- but does nothing for her body... it seems in most of her shots her arms are crossed over her body closing her off- seems unnaturaul in most of the shots.....you have to get past the body language to get to the eyes and smile which seem natural and open very engaging in most of the shots.....

I would love to see 7 using a different post processing...Her eyes and smile are really pretty here and don't think the processing fully works.
    Well, I guess you would call me... genus, humanus... Alice.
    http://aliceswonderland.smugmug.com/
  • rhondavidrhondavid Registered Users Posts: 433 Major grins
    edited August 3, 2009
    Very pretty girl! Love your locations. Very good for these type pictures. Nice poses that flatter her. Only comment is on the second one her left wrist looks awkward and the fingers on same hand sticking out behind the arm look strange to me. Agree with the previous comments too. Think you are well on the way!
    David

D40
    18 - 55 kit lens
    55- 200 VR kit lens
    Lots of desires