Monkey See...Monkey Do

Gary752Gary752 Registered Users Posts: 934 Major grins
edited August 3, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
I was walking around Lake Tobias Wildlife Park and seen a bunch of people standing around one of the monkey cages, and walked over to see what was going on. The one monkey had taken a liking to this one little girl that was sorta teasing it. I watched and laughed along with everyone else, as the girl had this monkey acting kinda crazy at times. When the crowd thinned out a little, I was able to capture this image. So what does everyone think of this one? C&C welcomed, be honest.

569448005_N3AEq-L.jpg

GaryB
GaryB
“The single most important component of a camera is the twelve inches behind it!” - Ansel Adams

Comments

• InsuredDisasterInsuredDisaster Registered Users Posts: 1,132 Major grins
    edited August 3, 2009
    Honestly? It looks a bit like a snap. You've got a finger or arm infront ofthe lense on the lower right. Is the girl in a mirror or something? More wire? Then there is the woman's arm just sorta hanging out in the shot.

I think the blurb in the forground (finger in the lens?) is the worst thing. Maybe try cropping that out?

An extreme crop, have you considered just cropping right into the hands of the monkey and girl? So these two hands, one fury, one skinned, right up close? Probalby not dooable with this photo, there's just not enough pixels though.
  • Gary752Gary752 Registered Users Posts: 934 Major grins
    edited August 3, 2009
    Honestly? It looks a bit like a snap. You've got a finger or arm infront ofthe lense on the lower right. Is the girl in a mirror or something? More wire? Then there is the woman's arm just sorta hanging out in the shot.

I think the blurb in the forground (finger in the lens?) is the worst thing. Maybe try cropping that out?

An extreme crop, have you considered just cropping right into the hands of the monkey and girl? So these two hands, one fury, one skinned, right up close? Probalby not dooable with this photo, there's just not enough pixels though.

There are 2 glass walls, one where the little girl is pointing at, and one to the right of that one. The arm above the little girl is her mother's. The object in the lower right, is actually a part of a fense made of logs to keep people back away from the chain link fense. It's definately not a finger in front of the lens. As I said in my original post, there was a lot of people watching this little girl and the monkey, and I just couldn't get right up to the fense to get the shot. I actually had to shoot this between 2 people that were in front of me, as I wanted to get this particular shot. I will play around and see what I can do to crop some of the distractions you pointed out from this image, but I don't particually want to lose too much of the girl or the monkey. BTW...Thanks for your comments & suggestions.

GaryB
    GaryB
    “The single most important component of a camera is the twelve inches behind it!” - Ansel Adams