Magic walk in Quabbin

lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,208 Major grins
edited August 4, 2009 in Landscapes
Hi all... this is Quabbin - I always end up taking sooo many pictures of trees and walks but I can't help it. CC are welcome.

609850003_F6rcQ-L.jpg

Comments

• thapamdthapamd Registered Users Posts: 1,722 Major grins
    edited August 3, 2009
    Sweet, sweet shot! The colors and composition are just right. The path leads you right into the picture. My favorite part of this image are those beautiful low-hanging branches with almost fluorescent greens on the left side. thumb.gifclap.gif
    Shoot in RAW because memory is cheap but memories are priceless.

Mahesh
    http://www.StarvingPhotographer.com
  • rainbowrainbow Registered Users Posts: 2,765 Major grins
    edited August 3, 2009
    "...And miles to go before I sleep"

The photo conveys a sense of serenity and mystery. My eyes are drawn to the grove of trees on the left and the road beckons...
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited August 3, 2009
    Hi Lynn!!!!! This shot is pretty much perfect. Looking at it is so soothing and I can just feel the silence. I envy you being in such a peaceful place to shoot it. :D

The only thing I can find to complain about this shot is the blue specks of sky at the top. I almost don't want to know that there is a sky up there, and that there is a possibly-harsh sun infiltrating this beautiful, serene pathway. The leaves should just go on and on and on. lol3.gif
  • brvheartbrvheart Registered Users Posts: 434 Major grins
    edited August 3, 2009
    quite lovely, I love how the image is deep as in the path walks you through the image and down the same road that you were traveling. Well done.
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,955 moderator
    edited August 3, 2009
    I think Schmoo is right, though I must say I hadn't noticed the blue till I read her post lol3.gif. I also have to admit that I never heard of Quabbin and thought it must be in some exotic country, till the Wiki set me straight. mwink.gif Gorgeous scene well captured. thumb.gif
  • adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited August 3, 2009
    Has such an idyllic feel like it can't possibly be a photo. Love it.
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,208 Major grins
    edited August 3, 2009
    adbsgicom wrote:
    Has such an idyllic feel like it can't possibly be a photo. Love it.

you guys are such loves. iloveyou.gif Schmoo? you are sooo right on this blue sky thing.. I did'nt notice it.. thanks for your kinds comments thumb.gif Thanks all for such nice thoughts... and for noticing the things I missed.
  • bobcoolbobcool Registered Users Posts: 271 Major grins
    edited August 4, 2009
    Man, this is a sweet shot!

Looking at this photo, I feel like Frodo Baggins and Gandalf the Grey should be coming around the corner on Gandalf's carriage as he arrives at the Shire for Bilbo's birthday...:D
  • Doug SolisDoug Solis Registered Users Posts: 1,190 Major grins
    edited August 4, 2009
    bobcool wrote:
    Man, this is a sweet shot!

Looking at this photo, I feel like Frodo Baggins and Gandalf the Grey should be coming around the corner on Gandalf's carriage as he arrives at the Shire for Bilbo's birthday...:D

Laughing.gif, you are right I believe there is a Hobbit home just on the left.

Great find, I love the dreamy almost surreal feel to your photo and this special place.
    edited August 4, 2009
    Doug Solis wrote:
    Laughing.gif, you are right I believe there is a Hobbit home just on the left.

Great find, I love the dreamy almost surreal feel to your photo and this special place.
    Thanks again all... I did bring out the shadows and light with post processing to make the shot the way I saw it on my walk. So the surreal part is just that... I'm almost tempted to put the original up.... but then.. why would I do that ne_nau.gif
  • adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited August 4, 2009
    lynnma wrote:
    I'm almost tempted to put the original up.... but then.. why would I do that ne_nau.gif

To impress us with your post processing skills :D
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
    edited August 4, 2009
    adbsgicom wrote:
    To impress us with your post processing skills :D

or make a complete ass of myselfrolleyes1.gif
  • hawkeye978hawkeye978 Registered Users Posts: 1,218 Major grins
    edited August 4, 2009
    Great mood to this. I love the light coming in from the upper left giving a nice play between the brighter areas and the shadows.
  • EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
    edited August 4, 2009
    Lovely! It conjures up all sorts of imagination.