Options

Using tables in customise gallery - empty space!

itchyfeetitchyfeet Registered Users Posts: 66 Big grins
edited June 25, 2005 in SmugMug Support
Hi

I have one gallery which has no pictures. I use it simply to store text.

So that I can display the text neatly, I want to use tables to align the dates and following text. However, I find that when I put the code into the customize gallery section, and save it, there is a big empty space before the table actually begins. Could someone please help?

The code I have used in the 'customise gallery' section is as follows:

<div class="opening">News</div>
<div style="font-size: 12px; color: #000000; font-weight: normal">
<font color="#CC9900"><table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" style="border-collapse: collapse" bordercolor="#111111" width="100%">
<tr><td width="15%"><font color="#CC9900"><b>10 July 05</b></font></td><td width="85%">Departure date</td></tr>
<tr><td width="15%"><font color="#CC9900"><b>6 July 05</b></font></td><td width="85%">Leaving bash</td></tr>

<tr><td width="15%"><font color="#CC9900"><b>23 June 05</b></font></td><td width="85%">Last day of Law School. FREEDOM!</td></tr>
</table>

</div><style type="text/css"> .nophotos { display: none; } .opening { display: none; } </style>

Thanks for any help!
Elliot

Comments

• Options
    {JT}{JT} Registered Users Posts: 1,016 Major grins
    edited June 25, 2005
    A link to the gallery in question would be better so I can visualize it :)
    itchyfeet wrote:
    Hi

I have one gallery which has no pictures. I use it simply to store text.

So that I can display the text neatly, I want to use tables to align the dates and following text. However, I find that when I put the code into the customize gallery section, and save it, there is a big empty space before the table actually begins. Could someone please help?

The code I have used in the 'customise gallery' section is as follows:

<div class="opening">News</div>
    <div style="font-size: 12px; color: #000000; font-weight: normal">
    <font color="#CC9900"><table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" style="border-collapse: collapse" bordercolor="#111111" width="100%">
    <tr><td width="15%"><font color="#CC9900"><b>10 July 05</b></font></td><td width="85%">Departure date</td></tr>
    <tr><td width="15%"><font color="#CC9900"><b>6 July 05</b></font></td><td width="85%">Leaving bash</td></tr>

<tr><td width="15%"><font color="#CC9900"><b>23 June 05</b></font></td><td width="85%">Last day of Law School. FREEDOM!</td></tr>
    </table>

</div><style type="text/css"> .nophotos { display: none; } .opening { display: none; } </style>

Thanks for any help!
    Elliot
  • Options
    itchyfeetitchyfeet Registered Users Posts: 66 Big grins
    edited June 25, 2005
    {JT} wrote:
    A link to the gallery in question would be better so I can visualize it :)
    Thanks - i seem to have fixed the problem...I think it was because I should have not had a line break in the code...that seems to have sorted it. Thanks anyway!