Mt Rainier Sunset

Allan FGAllan FG Registered Users Posts: 492 Major grins
edited August 3, 2009 in Landscapes
After all the great threads here about Mt Rainier I decided to try my hand. Saturday was hot and muggy in the valley so I took the scenic route up to Sunrise.

609143467_qNCrz-XL.jpg

609313276_bJexf-XL.jpg

609313817_MNnsn-XL.jpg

609142351_PRWFd-XL.jpg

A camera's view of the trail.

609144600_m5Ggp-L.jpg

609141528_MmByL-XL.jpg

Comments

• thapamdthapamd Registered Users Posts: 1,722 Major grins
    edited August 3, 2009
    Very nice, Al! Love the light on the first shot. Wasn't the moon fantastic that evening? I was at Spray Park that very same evening photographing the mountain. :D
    Shoot in RAW because memory is cheap but memories are priceless.

Mahesh
    http://www.StarvingPhotographer.com
  • Allan FGAllan FG Registered Users Posts: 492 Major grins
    edited August 3, 2009
    The moon was great until just after sunset when the clouds rolled in. It also got real dark when the clouds rolled in, it is kind of spooky wandering around up there by your self in the dark.
    edited August 3, 2009
    Allan FG wrote:
    The moon was great until just after sunset when the clouds rolled in. It also got real dark when the clouds rolled in, it is kind of spooky wandering around up there by your self in the dark.

It sure is spooky. Did you have a headlamp to help navigate you back to the car? I hope so. :D

Mahesh
    edited August 3, 2009
    thapamd wrote:
    It sure is spooky. Did you have a headlamp to help navigate you back to the car? I hope so. :D

I was semi-prepared. I had a headlight, water, a lighter, and a knife for survival supplies. No map, but I figured if I kept the Mountain on my right and headed down hill I would hit the parking lot sooner or later.
    edited August 3, 2009
    Allan FG wrote:
    I was semi-prepared. I had a headlight, water, a lighter, and a knife for survival supplies. No map, but I figured if I kept the Mountain on my right and headed down hill I would hit the parking lot sooner or later.

Hey...you carried more than most people do. Good job! thumb.gif

Mahesh
  • dseidmandseidman Registered Users Posts: 824 Major grins
    edited August 3, 2009
    Nice series! The first shot is my favorite of this bunch but I think it might have worked better with a vertical composition.

It must have been quite the sight seeing the moon come up over those mountains.
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited August 3, 2009
    1st is my favorite !
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
    edited August 3, 2009
    Thanks for the comments.

It was a wonderful night, the great thing is all the tourists leave early and you have the mountain to yourself.