When is it ok?

goldilocksandmy3bearsgoldilocksandmy3bears Registered Users Posts: 423 Major grins
edited August 3, 2009 in People
When is it ok to cut off bits of peoples bodies haha. I know in a few of my past pics I have cut off feet and several comments were left that I need to watch out for that, however I have also noticed several peoples pictures who have done the same and have gotten great C&C. How about this picture is this ok or not?
Thank you.
Courtney
P.S C&C welcome on this picture.
7a.jpg
Courtney

Comments

• NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited August 3, 2009
    When is it ok to cut off bits of peoples bodies haha. I know in a few of my past pics I have cut off feet and several comments were left that I need to watch out for that, however I have also noticed several peoples pictures who have done the same and have gotten great C&C. How about this picture is this ok or not?
    Thank you.
    Courtney
    P.S C&C welcome on this picture.

Rule of thumb is "never cut at a joint".

Head, however, is often sliced and diced at will. Still, I wouldn't recommend cutting half an ear or slicing an eye.

I don't have a problem with the cut on this image (but I do with it's being generally OOF, since you have apparently focused on the head instead on the eyes)
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • goldilocksandmy3bearsgoldilocksandmy3bears Registered Users Posts: 423 Major grins
    edited August 3, 2009
    Nikolai wrote:
    Rule of thumb is "never cut at a joint".

Head, however, is often sliced and diced at will. Still, I wouldn't recommend cutting half an ear or slicing an eye.

I don't have a problem with the cut on this image (but I do with it's being generally OOF, since you have apparently focused on the head instead on the eyes)

Thanks Nikolai!
    should I even include it in with her proofs?
    Courtney
  • NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited August 3, 2009
    Thanks Nikolai!
    should I even include it in with her proofs?
    You're welcome!

I normally don't shoot kids, but when I do, I learned that parents are often happy to purchase even the technically challenged picture I'd be ashamed to show anybody who can tell iso from aperture - if they think it's special... ne_nau.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • sweet carolinesweet caroline Registered Users Posts: 1,589 Major grins
    edited August 3, 2009
    As a parent... include this shot in the proofs.

Caroline