What do you think!

BMW KurtBMW Kurt Registered Users Posts: 229 Major grins
edited August 4, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
I shot this in February and keep coming back to it. It was just an old shoe discarded on the roadside. I took several shots of it and have played around with it in PS. After the conversion to B&W I never looked at the original again. I'm not sure this is even good (by pros standards) but, as I have said, I keep coming back to it after seven months. C&C welcome, of course!

610076582_rc96F-L-1.jpg

Comments

• Raina.RaeRaina.Rae Registered Users Posts: 205 Major grins
    edited August 3, 2009
    I can see why you keep coming back to it, it is intriguing. I feel like it has a long back story. The photos is good but I feel like it is missing something but I can't put my finger on what. I do really like the shot.
  • BMW KurtBMW Kurt Registered Users Posts: 229 Major grins
    edited August 3, 2009
    Raina.Rae wrote:
    I can see why you keep coming back to it, it is intriguing. I feel like it has a long back story. The photos is good but I feel like it is missing something but I can't put my finger on what. I do really like the shot.

I know what you mean. There is a story here! I just don't know what it is!headscratch.gif
  • Miguel DelinquentoMiguel Delinquento Registered Users Posts: 904 Major grins
    edited August 4, 2009
    It's a good step in the right direction mwink.gif

As is this is not a very engaging photograph. It's a woman's shoe presented in flat lighting. Okay.

Consider placing the shoe in a location where a moderately in-focus background would tell a story. Like having a model walk away from it. Or something. Color may help tell your story in a different way too.

M
  • AAABluestockingAAABluestocking Registered Users Posts: 116 Major grins
    edited August 4, 2009
    Personally I like the blurry background. The image makes me wonder where is the other shoe? What happened?

I think this lacks composition. A shoe should be walking into the frame so it needs more room at the toe- as much negative space as you can give it. And maybe the sole should be standing nearer the bottom of the picture?
    My SmugMug Galleries
    Learn the various techniques to make all things possible and then choose deliberately which you actually want-rutt