Options

The curse of Stage light

tmshotstmshots Registered Users Posts: 59 Big grins
edited May 23, 2004 in People
I went to the Oregon Ironman Fitness competition last night and thought their lighting crew needs a class on lighting. There was an assortment of different lights to contend with. We would go from blue spotlighting to midtone lighting and then full blown out stage light with one side being hot and the other being darker. And did this keep me active in changing settings. Never knowing what lighting they would switch to got to be a challenge at this venue and was annoying at times. I'm more of a natural skin tone person and hate the glowing reds caused by most stage lights. This was an example, what do you guys like better?

Comments

• Options
    edited May 22, 2004
  • Options
    pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,696 moderator
    edited May 22, 2004
    tmshots wrote:
    I went to the Oregon Ironman Fitness competition last night and thought their lighting crew needs a class on lighting. There was an assortment of different lights to contend with. We would go from blue spotlighting to midtone lighting and then full blown out stage light with one side being hot and the other being darker. And did this keep me active in changing settings. Never knowing what lighting they would switch to got to be a challenge at this venue and was annoying at times. I'm more of a natural skin tone person and hate the glowing reds caused by most stage lights. This was an example, what do you guys like better?
    #1 is better #2 is too yellow #1 may have just a touch too much red tho also
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited May 23, 2004
    did you shoot in raw? if not, that's the best choice as the lighting really varies alot even during the event, eh?

on many cameras, if shooting in jpg, the "cloudy" wb will give the best results with stage lighting..

aw
  • Options
    edited May 23, 2004
    I shot in large jpeg. in a shoot I'll usually shoot up to 2 gigs worth of pics and so don't like to rush back and forth to my drop port. but I guess I'll try that. Haven't shot in raw yet. Thanks andy,

I think your right now that I look at it pathfinder, though it always seems to do that when I transport to web, on the original it isn't as yellow and in fact sucked out most of the yellow to the point of going sepra. But as for choices one and two on the board I would go for one as well. Thanks for your input guys.