Some Fun Along the Riverwalk

redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
edited August 6, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
I went for a shoot on the San Antonio Riverwalk yesterday morning--had not been out for a lengthy shoot in weeks. It was hot, so I did "have to" stop for some queso and a margarita at lunch. :wink I was very unhappy with my results overall. But I did have fun, and I managed to capture a glimpse or two of that. Enjoy!

1. Sign in front of Mad Dogs pub
610713573_BgRqv-L.jpg

2. Sign in front of the Alamo--it's officially a shrine and thus demands respect
610713725_oUGWw-L.jpg

3. Shot this on the way back to my truck
610713626_bmnua-L.jpg
"But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
www.redleashphoto.com

Comments

• adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited August 4, 2009
    Like the irony and the angles. It has been hot. We finished dinner at 6:30 last night and it was still 105. Couldn't convince my wife to just walk around downtown Austin....
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • sweet carolinesweet caroline Registered Users Posts: 1,589 Major grins
    edited August 4, 2009
    adbsgicom wrote:
    Like the irony and the angles. It has been hot. We finished dinner at 6:30 last night and it was still 105. Couldn't convince my wife to just walk around downtown Austin....

See, I can handle the heat when the sun starts to get low. It's from noon-5:30 that I can't move outside. Margaritas are the perfect cure!

These photos make me miss the riverwalk. I shot a couple engagements there a few years ago that turned out well. I haven't been there in a while.

Caroline
  • redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited August 4, 2009
    Ya'll come on down, over, up, or whatever--I'll buy the first round of 'ritas! I'm not supposed to be out in the heat either, and I was close to jumping in the river a few times to swim with the ducks--but it was nice to get out and do some shooting.

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • LlywellynLlywellyn Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,186 Major grins
    edited August 4, 2009
    Ah, my old homestead! :D I hear tell they're going to expand the Riverwalk again. I really can't imaging where else it'd go!
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited August 4, 2009
    I like these :D MadDogs opens at 1AM?
    edited August 5, 2009
    DogDots - I saw that when I snapped the pic. I guess someone thought it was funny to change it from 11 am to 1 am!

Kerry - They have expanded the Riverwalk 1.5 miles already, where the old Pearl Brewery is and the SA Museum of Modern Art. It's very nice. I have some pics I will post later for you. There is more work underway to expand it on the south side also. You should come back and see it--I moved here in 2000 and the city has just grown by leaps and bounds!

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
    edited August 5, 2009
    redleash wrote:
    Kerry - They have expanded the Riverwalk 1.5 miles already, where the old Pearl Brewery is and the SA Museum of Modern Art. It's very nice. I have some pics I will post later for you. There is more work underway to expand it on the south side also. You should come back and see it--I moved here in 2000 and the city has just grown by leaps and bounds!

Gracious! I do go home every Christmas (parents are in New Braunfels now), but it's so hard to muster up the desire to go to the Riverwalk just because we took every family member and visiting guest there when I was growing up, so we were Riverwalked out! lol3.gif I'll have to ask my parents to scout out the new parts and report back this year to convince me to head down. :D
    edited August 6, 2009
    Kerry - Here is a shot of the new section, behind the old Pearl brewery. I put a few more on my site.
    http://redleash.smugmug.com/gallery/4874609_Nw9Yf

You ought to come down next on one of your visits to NB. Or we could do a photo meet someplace else if you are interested.

612765079_vxgBB-L.jpg

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
    edited August 6, 2009
    Wow, that looks very nice. So much more open than the rest of it. Neat! I'll let you know when I'm next in town. :D