comments, please, ginger, chal 41

ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
edited June 26, 2005 in The Dgrin Challenges
these 4 shots, are a collage of two shots, both shot yesterday, 6/24
any preferences? I will add the best from the other day, too.

26079971-L.jpg

26079981-L.jpg

26079968-L.jpg

26079974-L.jpg

25996826-L.jpg

I did not include the one of the big house from yesterday, because that is not what the movie was about. The movie was about scaled down living in a very rural early 1900s Florida environment, with the marshes, the animals and birds, the few whites and blacks of that time.

I thought the cabin here reflected that, but I had a lot of trouble, no I did not make things difficult for myself, unless wanting my photograph to "say" what I was after, unless that is making things difficult.

I have been working on it 5 hrs, it took me about 4 hrs to find the right photo to pair with the house. Then the rest was HOW to pair it. I am satisfied, I actually like all of these photos, I just don't know which depicts early 1900s living in rural Florida in a swampy area, best...........

Any comments, thoughts, here.

ginger

Both photos taken 6/24 and it was a good thing I went, we have a nasty low pressure system bringing rain and whatever, today.

And I went to the library. So I am now well set for relaxing. Anyone know how to do that?????:dunno :1drink :rofl :D :eat :binge :snore
After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.

Comments

• GatorGator Registered Users Posts: 192 Major grins
    edited June 25, 2005
    Hi Ginger! I like the new shots! I think the colors depict well what the wetlands "really" look like. I love the old house, but I was wondering if maybe the egret from the last collage on this thread would be better. Just a thought, and I really do like them all! I just wondered if maybe the vertical bird would be a different contrast to the image...

I hope you got to check out the book. It's been an off and on rain day here too. Summer in the south, gotta love it!1drink.gif
  • thegreeneggthegreenegg Registered Users Posts: 551 Major grins
    edited June 25, 2005
    You did a nice job paring the house pictures Ginger. But this last one just caught me. Isn't that the way it always is... Work really hard on one and people like the other. the color is brilliant and the bird is perfectly paired. What's the title of the movie?
    Good job. It will be a great challenge entry no matter what you pick to use.
    Ashley

25996826-L.jpg

I did not include the one of the big house from yesterday, because that is not what the movie was about. The movie was about scaled down living in a very rural early 1900s Florida environment, with the marshes, the animals and birds, the few whites and blacks of that time.

I thought the cabin here reflected that, but I had a lot of trouble, no I did not make things difficult for myself, unless wanting my photograph to "say" what I was after, unless that is making things difficult.

I have been working on it 5 hrs, it took me about 4 hrs to find the right photo to pair with the house. Then the rest was HOW to pair it. I am satisfied, I actually like all of these photos, I just don't know which depicts early 1900s living in rural Florida in a swampy area, best...........

ginger

Both photos taken 6/24 and it was a good thing I went, we have a nasty low pressure system bringing rain and whatever, today.

And I went to the library. So I am now well set for relaxing. Anyone know how to do that?????ne_nau.gif1drink.gifrolleyes1.gif:D :eat binge.gif :snore[/QUOTE]
    Green is the way to be!
    ashleyharding.smugmug.com
  • ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited June 25, 2005
    Hi, thanks, both of you. The egret won't work with the little house as there would be no water.

And Green Egg is right, the last photo in that group is the catchiest, the best actually, IMO.

ginger
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Eric&SusanEric&Susan Registered Users Posts: 1,280 Major grins
    edited June 25, 2005
    I love the last onethumb.gif Very, Very well done Gingerclap.gif

Eric
    "My dad taught me everything I know, unfortunately he didn't teach me everything he knows" Dale Earnhardt Jr

It's better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for who you're not.

http://photosbyeric.smugmug.com
  • ajgauthierajgauthier Registered Users Posts: 260 Major grins
    edited June 26, 2005
    i agree with you, that last one really captures a mood...fabo!

Adrienne
    ginger_55 wrote:
    Hi, thanks, both of you. The egret won't work with the little house as there would be no water.

And Green Egg is right, the last photo in that group is the catchiest, the best actually, IMO.

ginger
  • Sask2005Sask2005 Registered Users Posts: 140 Major grins
    edited June 26, 2005
    Birds
    I like #3 - cool.

ginger_55 wrote:
    these 4 shots, are a collage of two shots, both shot yesterday, 6/24
    any preferences? I will add the best from the other day, too.

26079971-L.jpg

26079981-L.jpg

26079968-L.jpg

26079974-L.jpg

25996826-L.jpg

ginger

And I went to the library. So I am now well set for relaxing. Anyone know how to do that?????ne_nau.gif1drink.gifrolleyes1.gif:D :eat binge.gif :snore
  • FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited June 26, 2005
    ginger_55 wrote:

ginger
    I agree. Lovely photo! (As usual.)

Virginia

Email