Latest innovation from Nikon (Coolpix S1000pj)

DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
edited August 4, 2009 in Cameras
Who would've have ever thought that a point & shoot with a built-in projector was a good idea. Certainly not me, but I could certainly think of lots of good uses for it!

Good work, Nikon, I say. :nod

http://www.nikonusa.com/Find-Your-Nikon/Product/Digital-Camera/26186/COOLPIX-S1000pj.html
Erik
moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

Comments

• CuongCuong Registered Users Posts: 1,508 Major grins
    edited August 4, 2009
    Pretty soon it'll be available on DSLRs too. Another way to show off the HD video that some can do already.

Cuong
    "She Was a Little Taste of Heaven – And a One-Way Ticket to Hell!" - Max Phillips
  • DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited August 4, 2009
    It's funny - when I see this, I instantly think of taking it to academic conferences and business meetings. Nikon, of course, is marketing it to the family, projecting images while out on a picnic or reading bedtime stories.

I'm a nerd, to the core! lol3.gif
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited August 4, 2009
    What an awesome idea! clap.gif
    Just thinking of any critiquing session, like we have at the shootouts... mwink.gif

Yet I think I would still love the idea of the projector *accessory* (that can be hooked up to USB/HDMI port) better. DSLRs are bulky as they are, no need to add more weight. Separate (and hence shareable) tool, though... yum nod.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • MavMav Registered Users Posts: 174 Major grins
    edited August 4, 2009
    Nikolai wrote:
    What an awesome idea! clap.gif
    Just thinking of any critiquing session, like we have at the shootouts... mwink.gif

Yet I think I would still love the idea of the projector *accessory* (that can be hooked up to USB/HDMI port) better. DSLRs are bulky as they are, no need to add more weight. Separate (and hence shareable) tool, though... yum nod.gif

Just plug your phone/projector combo thumb.gif

samsung_anycall_show_pico_projector_phone_ces09_03-480x427.jpg