Yay or Nay?

MLangtonMLangton Registered Users Posts: 140 Major grins
edited August 6, 2009 in The Dgrin Challenges
Introducing Sunny, the kitty. I'm guessing he is about one year old. Sunny just showed up at the house one day about two weeks ago. He was malnourished, and looking really rough. He has adopted me, and now hangs out on a regular basis. He eats like a horse and is getting pretty healthy looking. Once I can gain a little more trust, I am going to take him to the vet to get vaccinations and have his manhood removed. He is really a nice, friendly kitty.

1. Here he is (was) napping in the breezeway next to the fence. Being a feral, he feels secure there on the cool concrete.

611403788_HEUJu-M.jpg

2. He still won't smile, but he sure meows a lot. He does not know what to think of the camera. Boy does he have a lot to learn.

611403385_TFuV2-M.jpg
More photo, less shop.

http://mlangton.smugmug.com

Comments

• WhatSheSawWhatSheSaw Registered Users Posts: 2,221 Major grins
    edited August 5, 2009
    Pretty cat, but neither of these is doing it for me. Maybe a different perspective - down low or catch him while hunting.

I have one of my cat that I really like where he is sitting in my chair (MY chair! :D ). I got down below him and just caught his face over the edge of the chair. It's a bit dark, because I just used the natural light from the window, but it is an unusual perspective.

i99C6EFA4-ED36-472F-82E6-21069C1121E1.jpg

I can't use this one for the challenge, because it was taken a while ago, but maybe it will give you an idea.
  • richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited August 5, 2009
    These shots are cute, but don't tell us much about the cat other than it is a cat. ne_nau.gif My understanding is that an environmental portrait needs to tell the viewer something about the individual in the photo.

mwink.gif "An environmental portrait is a specific person and some insight into this person from their specific environment and artifacts." http://markhancock.blogspot.com/2004/12/environmental-pop-quiz.html

I'm not sure the subject necessarily has to be a person, though.
  • MLangtonMLangton Registered Users Posts: 140 Major grins
    edited August 5, 2009
    Thanks for the insight.

I may be s.o.l. on this one, at least with the kitty. He is still pretty wild, and gets even more skittish when the camera comes out.

Perhaps I'll have to plan an ambush! mwink.gif
    More photo, less shop.

http://mlangton.smugmug.com
  • whitericewhiterice Registered Users Posts: 555 Major grins
    edited August 6, 2009
    MLangton wrote:
    Thanks for the insight.

I may be s.o.l. on this one, at least with the kitty. He is still pretty wild, and gets even more skittish when the camera comes out.

Perhaps I'll have to plan an ambush! mwink.gif

Sounds like my 3 year old son!! rolleyes1.gif
    - Christopher
    My Photos - Powered by SmugMug!