Courtney

Joe DukovacJoe Dukovac Registered Users Posts: 213 Major grins
edited August 8, 2009 in People
I had a chance to work with Courtney yesterday late afternoon in Pointe-Claire, Quebec which is a suburb of Montreal. She was very enthusiastic and fun to work with.

I hope you enjoy!

Also, C&C are welcome.

The full gallery is here

611802099_8T2p9-XL.jpg

611802529_FHqXc-XL.jpg

611802816_TFcYq-XL.jpg

611803124_TfyqF-XL.jpg

611803465_JAJ73-XL.jpg

611804208_jaVHS-XL.jpg

611805795_UDXDW-XL.jpg

611806103_bACaL-XL.jpg

611806688_GTP8H-XL.jpg

611800941_a9ZoK-XL.jpg

611807027_jg265-XL.jpg

611808097_YCJAc-XL.jpg

611808718_V3Hwr-XL.jpg

611811244_LLFRx-XL.jpg

611811653_a8Z6s-XL.jpg

611812078_UYKXe-XL.jpg

We started to lose light at the end there, so my reflector wasn't very effective. The lighting was a combination of reflector (soft gold) and fill flash (bounced where possible).

Anyhow, enjoy! :thumb

Joe
Joe
North View Studio
http://www.zoradphotography.com
Montreal, Canada

Comments

• gvfgvf Registered Users Posts: 356 Major grins
    edited August 6, 2009
    Those are some very nice shots - I especially like the ones where the girl seems pensive, reflective, including some looking of those where she's looking at the viewer. I feel I'm really seeing HER at those moments - not a persona. Nice work!
  • Joe DukovacJoe Dukovac Registered Users Posts: 213 Major grins
    edited August 7, 2009
    thanks for the comments. I always liked photos where it seems like the person is thinking or seems pre-occupied with a thought. I have another shoot tonight and I am going to try some different angled shots.

Joe
    Joe
    North View Studio
    http://www.zoradphotography.com
    Montreal, Canada
  • WingsOfLovePhotoWingsOfLovePhoto Registered Users Posts: 797 Major grins
    edited August 7, 2009
    nice job.... I would just watch out for all the cut off appendages.... hands, legs, parts of feet.... beware of where you are cropping them.... in camera or out.... rule of thumb I learned is never at the joint or parts of :D
    Snady :thumb
    my money well spent :D
    Nikon D4, D3s, D3, D700, Nikkor 24-70, 70-200 2.8 vrII, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.4, 105mm macro, sigma fisheye, SB 800's and lots of other goodies!
  • TrevlanTrevlan Registered Users Posts: 649 Major grins
    edited August 8, 2009
    In the first few, the lighting looks a little flat for my taste. Maybe you could use a bit more midtone contrast in them. Also, the hand on the head is my pet peve with inexperienced models/posers. Why is that the default pose for people that don't know how to pose? LoL.

The rest from there on are really nice. She's a great looking woman, and you did a nice job of capturing her.

I have a few recomendations for out side lighting that you may want to try when your next session comes up.

OFF CAMERA FLASH!!! Just because we are not in the studio, doesn't mean we can't produce studio lighting. One light with a shoot through umbrella will elevate your photos. Your reflector for fill, and you have yourself some serious photos. Not just for your client, but your for portfolio as well.

Learn to direct the model. Even Nik will tell you, every limb, every pore, every strand of hair, contributes to the art that is the image you are trying to capture. If the model doesn't connect with the photographer, she's not going to connect with your camera. Take an extra 15 minutes to converse with your subject. Make them feel comfortable, and they will be confortable infront of the camera. Thus producing a more believable image.

Do your homework. Look at other photographer's work and grab inspiration from them. Don't copy, but examine and see ways you can improve on thier work as your build your own style.

Most importantly, have fun! Try new things, that you wouldn't normaly do in a shoot. Like, put your model up on a tree. Stuff her in the trunk of a car, sit her inbetween random people on a park bench while you shoot papparazi style from across the park with your telephoto. The best shots, are the shots people haven't seen yet. Once things become routine, and your poses get tired, despite of the technical marvel that your image maybe; People will grow bored with them. Fresh and new.

Can't wait to see your next set. Keep up the good work!clap.gif
    Frank Martinez
    Nikon Shooter
    It's all about the moment...