Drive By Shooting

Gary752Gary752 Registered Users Posts: 934 Major grins
edited August 24, 2009 in Landscapes
I was bored yesterday, so I grabbed my camera bag and went for a ride, looking for stuff to photograph. Here are a few of what I thought were decent. Any suggestions to make them better would be greatly appreciated.

1. Old Horse barn
611367167_wcu2N-L.jpg

2. View from a small clearing along the road will driving on a dirt mountain road.
611365676_EnuTv-L.jpg

#3 I think this is a hunting camp that is for sale near the bottom of the mountain.
611373701_qPht6-L.jpg

#4 I thought I'd include a shot of the road I was driving on. This one would have qualified for the last challenge with the song "Long and Winding Road" :rofl
611386942_TDbNo-L.jpg

#5 A stream near the bottom of the mountian.
611370605_DSQAb-L.jpg

#6 This shot was taken on the way back home, while driving through some farming area. I seen this tractor sitting there and thought that the farmer just said to himself, "Enough is enough" and just shut it off and walked home. :dunno
611394837_9ongb-L.jpg

As Porky Pig always said, "Da da da Dats All Folks!"

GaryB
GaryB
“The single most important component of a camera is the twelve inches behind it!” - Ansel Adams

Comments

• thapamdthapamd Registered Users Posts: 1,722 Major grins
    edited August 6, 2009
    Nice shots, Gary! #4 is the clear winner here, IMO, simply because it's so well composed. I bet this would look great as a b&w "IR-ish" conversion. I can just imagine those greens becoming white and that road becoming dark. thumb.gif
    Shoot in RAW because memory is cheap but memories are priceless.

Mahesh
    http://www.StarvingPhotographer.com
  • gvfgvf Registered Users Posts: 356 Major grins
    edited August 6, 2009
    Real nice, especially #1 and #4. But all are really nice - sounds like a good drive!
  • Gary752Gary752 Registered Users Posts: 934 Major grins
    edited August 6, 2009
    thapamd wrote:
    Nice shots, Gary! #4 is the clear winner here, IMO, simply because it's so well composed. I bet this would look great as a b&w "IR-ish" conversion. I can just imagine those greens becoming white and that road becoming dark. thumb.gif

Thanks for the comments Mahesh. If I ever get one of my cameras modded for IR, I'll have to go back there and reshoot that one.

GaryB
    GaryB
    “The single most important component of a camera is the twelve inches behind it!” - Ansel Adams
    edited August 6, 2009
    gvf wrote:
    Real nice, especially #1 and #4. But all are really nice - sounds like a good drive!

Thanks for the comments GVF. Yes, it was a good drive. I just wish I had the free time to do it more often!

GaryB
    GaryB
    edited August 12, 2009
    thapamd wrote:

I had a little spare time so I converted that photo to B/W, and played with it a little just for you. Sorry it's not an IR, but it slightly resembles IR'sh.

617945921_byPvN-L.jpg

GaryB
    GaryB
  • thapamdthapamd Registered Users Posts: 1,722 Major grins
    edited August 12, 2009
    BroPhoto wrote:
    I had a little spare time so I converted that photo to B/W, and played with it a little just for you. Sorry it's not an IR, but it slightly resembles IR'sh.

617945921_byPvN-L.jpg

GaryB

Hi Gary,

It looks good, but now that I see at the b&w conversion, I think I prefer the original color. :D There's just no pleasing me, is there? rolleyes1.gif
    Shoot in RAW because memory is cheap but memories are priceless.

Mahesh
    http://www.StarvingPhotographer.com
  • ReverbReverb Registered Users Posts: 66 Big grins
    edited August 13, 2009
    I prefer the color version too. I think that the contrast is too distracting and it's tough to make out the individual elements of the photo.
    BroPhoto wrote:

617945921_byPvN-L.jpg

GaryB
    edited August 24, 2009
    I tend to agree that the color version is better. At least that is my favorite. At least in the color version, you can faintly see and make out the winding road through the trees. I may try a B&W of this scene in late fall or early winter, after the leaves have fallen off the trees.

GaryB
    GaryB