God's Frame

EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
edited August 7, 2009 in Landscapes
I saw the cloud framing this tree...(I know the clouds are blown)

612124314_zALyF-XL.jpg

Comments

• dseidmandseidman Registered Users Posts: 824 Major grins
    edited August 5, 2009
    I see you're having fun with that new lens! Nice work.
  • thapamdthapamd Registered Users Posts: 1,722 Major grins
    edited August 6, 2009
    Wide angle is addictive, Eia...in a good way. :D Lovely comp here and I don't mind the blown out clouds at all since they are so close to that beautiful sun. thumb.gif You got some excellent detail in that tree trunk as well. Did you use fill in flash at all?
    Shoot in RAW because memory is cheap but memories are priceless.

Mahesh
    http://www.StarvingPhotographer.com
  • EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
    edited August 6, 2009
    thapamd wrote:
    Wide angle is addictive, Eia...in a good way. :D Lovely comp here and I don't mind the blown out clouds at all since they are so close to that beautiful sun. thumb.gif You got some excellent detail in that tree trunk as well. Did you use fill in flash at all?

Thank you! I did not use a flash. We hiked three miles and I didn't want to tote it around if I didn't need to. That was the problem throughout most of the day; bright sky but ok foreground. We sat down for a rest and this caught my eye! :)
  • jeffmeyersjeffmeyers Registered Users Posts: 1,535 Major grins
    edited August 6, 2009
    I like it. But the sky's a bit purple on my monitor. I think I'm up to date on my calibration. What do you think?
    More Photography . . . Less Photoshop [. . . except when I do it]
    Jeff Meyers
  • EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
    edited August 7, 2009
    jeffmeyers wrote:
    I like it. But the sky's a bit purple on my monitor. I think I'm up to date on my calibration. What do you think?

It's blue within IE browser, purple in FireFox and slightly purple in Safari! ne_nau.gif It's really nice on my hard drive with calibrated monitor! The colors rendered in these browsers are driving me nuts!
  • jeffmeyersjeffmeyers Registered Users Posts: 1,535 Major grins
    edited August 7, 2009
    Eia wrote:
    It's blue within IE browser, purple in FireFox and slightly purple in Safari! ne_nau.gif It's really nice on my hard drive with calibrated monitor! The colors rendered in these browsers are driving me nuts!

Sorry! I think we've had this discussion before. Hmm. Safari purplizes it, huh? I'll have to check that out. Okay. I just checked a few other browsers. You're right. It's a nice blue on Camino and Firefox. Purple on Safari. But if I save the file to my HD from Camino or Firefox and open it in PS4 or NX2.2, it's purple. Hmmm. Don't know what to do with that data. Looks to me like on my computer, Camino and Firefox are not reading the color info correctly, but Safari is.
    More Photography . . . Less Photoshop [. . . except when I do it]
    Jeff Meyers