Options

Got Ps 7

tsiyatsiya Registered Users Posts: 92 Big grins
edited May 23, 2004 in Finishing School
i loaded PhotoShop 7 yesterday, now to figure it out. Paint Shop was stressing the memory in this computer, I will sure need to add more now. I am seeing that leaving Paint Shop installed will be handy, some functions seem simpler and faster, probably because I don't know what I am doing with PhotoShop. Paint shop is good software , and doesn't take up too much space. At least, I may begin to understand what everyone is talking about around here.

Comments

• Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited May 23, 2004
    Congrats, you're sure to have fun as you play with PS7. Makes doing Cletus' weekly challenges a real learning experience, as well.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    damonffdamonff Registered Users Posts: 1,894 Major grins
    edited May 23, 2004
    Hey tsiya. I highly recommend getting a PS book. It helped me tremendously. I have Photoshop 7 Artistry by Barry Haynes and The Photoshop Book for Digital Photographers by Scott Kelby. Start with the Kelby one. It is definitely money well spent.

~Damon

p.s. Curves will change your life.
  • Options
    cletuscletus Registered Users Posts: 1,930 Major grins
    edited May 23, 2004
    damonff wrote:
    Hey tsiya. I highly recommend getting a PS book. It helped me tremendously. I have Photoshop 7 Artistry by Barry Haynes and The Photoshop Book for Digital Photographers by Scott Kelby. Start with the Kelby one. It is definitely money well spent.

~Damon

p.s. Curves will change your life.
    I agree with what Damon said. I'll also toss in a recomendation for The Photoshop 7 Wow Book.
  • Options
    ruttrutt Registered Users Posts: 6,511 Major grins
    edited May 23, 2004
    cletus wrote:
    I agree with what Damon said. I'll also toss in a recomendation for The Photoshop 7 Wow Book.
    And, of course, everyone needs Professional Photoshop by Dan Margulis. You might not be able to absorb it all at once (or even in one year), but it's a unique combination of good and entertaining writing with theory and practice. Dan is the all time king of curves and accurate color reproduction.
    If not now, when?
  • Options
    edited May 23, 2004
    Thanks for the recommendation Rutt. I need a new PS book. I'll get that one (when I get back to the States; it's nearly impossible to get decent computer books here).
  • Options
    ruttrutt Registered Users Posts: 6,511 Major grins
    edited May 23, 2004
    damonff wrote:
    Thanks for the recommendation Rutt. I need a new PS book. I'll get that one (when I get back to the States; it's nearly impossible to get decent computer books here).
    No amazon/china? That's a surprise.
    If not now, when?
  • Options
    edited May 23, 2004
    They'll ship here but customs is weird. I ordered a set of language cds that got caught up in customs for 2 weeks before I finally told them to just return them. The gov't wanted me to pay duty on them which I thought was the responsibility of Amazon...etc. It wasn't worth it.