Price of used or refurbished Canon 135L

startingjourneystartingjourney Registered Users Posts: 25 Big grins
edited August 6, 2009 in Cameras
I've been researching lens that I would need and this one is the perfect prime for me distance wise. I think it's about 1k new but what's the lowest I could find it for?

Comments

• ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 24,079 moderator
    edited August 6, 2009
    I've been researching lens that I would need and this one is the perfect prime for me distance wise. I think it's about 1k new but what's the lowest I could find it for?

That would depend partly on the condition of the lens and whether you purchase from a private owner or dealer.

The EF 135mm, f2L USM is one of Canon's best "L" lenses and tends to hold a tremendous resale value. I see used prices currently running from $960USD through $856. 90% of original is fairly typical.
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • Manfr3dManfr3d Registered Users Posts: 2,008 Major grins
    edited August 6, 2009
    I was just checking lens price .. here in Europe (Germany) the 135mm sells
    for around 80% of the new price when bought from an individual and
    about 90% of the the new price when bought from a dealer with return policy.
    “To consult the rules of composition before making a picture is a little like consulting the law of gravitation before going for a walk.”
    ― Edward Weston
  • divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited August 6, 2009
    Relevant point: this lens is out of stock new just about everywhere right now, meaning used prices are holding very strong.