A few shots, C&C Welcome!!!!

Coleman PhotographyColeman Photography Registered Users Posts: 351 Major grins
edited August 8, 2009 in People
a few shots from a shoot a few weeks ago just getting around to them. C&C welcome.

612835569_hxhB9-L.jpg

612838149_bYj8k-L.jpg

612838114_JcF6u-L.jpg

Comments

• SwartzySwartzy Registered Users Posts: 3,293 Major grins
    edited August 6, 2009
    Hi. #1 is very awkward. Both 1 & 2....her eyes are much too sharp in relation to rest of frame. Looks like high pass painted in. The 3rd is a crowded type pose that can sometimes work with the right head tilt and facial expression. The lighting/fill is good and dependent upon the look you're going for (all the same light) is fine. I personally would like a bit more dymamics to the overall lighting but that's just my style. Nice and sharp. Cropping is totally a matter of one's taste so I won't even go there :D

Keep shooting and as you look through the viewfinder giving posing instructions, find the "appeal and wow" look.
    Swartzy:
    NAPP Member | Canon Shooter
    Weddings/Portraits and anything else that catches my eye.
    www.daveswartz.com
    Model Mayhem site http://www.modelmayhem.com/686552
  • whitericewhiterice Registered Users Posts: 555 Major grins
    edited August 6, 2009
    Of the group, I like #3 best. I think you've used the entire frame very well in this shot.

The eyes just don't seem realistic in #2, and the pose doesn't seem very natural in #1.

Thanks for sharing.
    - Christopher
    My Photos - Powered by SmugMug!
  • BilsenBilsen Registered Users Posts: 2,143 Major grins
    edited August 7, 2009
    I'm not crazy about # 1. It looks forced.

I like #s2 & 3 with 2 my favorite. I just like the face angles.

And she is, of course, gorgeous.mwink.gif
    Bilsen (the artist formerly known as John Galt NY)
    Canon 600D; Canon 1D Mk2;
    24-105 f4L IS; 70-200 f4L IS; 50mm 1.4; 28-75 f2.8; 55-250 IS; 580EX & (2) 430EX Flash,
    Model Galleries: http://bilsen.zenfolio.com/
    Everything Else: www.pbase.com/bilsen
  • HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
    edited August 7, 2009
    Look at the lighting difference between 2 & 3. On # 3 there is a lovely light fall off on her left side. This slims the face. Now look at #2 and study the light hitting the broad side of her face. This makes her look 15 lbs heavier( she will not be happy about that). It also makes the face look puffy in places. Always keep the broad side of the face that is facing the camera in some shadow to narrow it.
  • Coleman PhotographyColeman Photography Registered Users Posts: 351 Major grins
    edited August 7, 2009
    Hackbone wrote:
    Look at the lighting difference between 2 & 3. On # 3 there is a lovely light fall off on her left side. This slims the face. Now look at #2 and study the light hitting the broad side of her face. This makes her look 15 lbs heavier( she will not be happy about that). It also makes the face look puffy in places. Always keep the broad side of the face that is facing the camera in some shadow to narrow it.

thanks for c&c everyone, ^and yes see exactly what you are talking about make much sence i will make sure to corrrect that next time thank you.
  • asdesignsasdesigns Registered Users Posts: 17 Big grins
    edited August 8, 2009
    Hey, I just joined Digital Grin, but I was hoping to give my input on your pictures.

First of all, your model is gorgeous! :D

I feel that in #2 and #3, the processing on the eyes, has made them look like they are coming from a different light source. The whites of her eyes are kind of Gray. Plus they look a little too "glassy" or sharp. (not that i dont love sharp eyes :D) I feel that maybe softening them up a little, and dodging out the midtones in her eyes would greatly improve #2 & #3. Also maybe changing the way her hair frames her face in #2 would improve the overall composition of the photo.

In #1, people seem to think that the pose is awkward. I dont think so at all. I feel that maybe if her head was tilted toward the camera a tad more, and maybe the focus more on her face than her hair. Again her eyes are a little over sharp and processed. When I look at this photo my eyes dont know where to be drawn to: the eyes or the hair, so i feel that you need to pick one focus area and stick with that.

Over-all, I love the photos. Keep up the good work and please post the finished photos so we can see what you changed. Hope this helped, and I am not offending anyone! thumb.gifclap
    AS-Designs ~ Adam Sassatelli ~ www.asdesignsphotography.com