Options

Smugmug Address book?

ADMIT PhotographyADMIT Photography Registered Users Posts: 431 Major grins
edited August 23, 2012 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
I've been placing the address's of customers that purchase photos from me in the Smugmug address book for future use. However I've gone looking around my control panel and can't seem to find where it's located. Can anyone help me with this?
Facebook - Twitter
Nikon D200, D80, SB600, nikon 50mm 1.8, nikon 18-135 3.5-4.6, nikon 70-200

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited August 6, 2009
    Share Button>Send Email
  • Options
    edited August 6, 2009
    Andy wrote:
    Share Button>Send Email

Thanks!

Is there any plans to make this available from our pro control panel?

I'm thinking that we could have a button that would open an e-mail and allow us to send a e-mail to our customers advertising special prices/promotions, etc. Also it would allow us easier access for us to be able to copy and paste individual address without having to get to them through our website.
    Facebook - Twitter
  • Options
    edited August 6, 2009
    Thanks!

Is there any plans to make this available from our pro control panel?

I'm thinking that we could have a button that would open an e-mail and allow us to send a e-mail to our customers advertising special prices/promotions, etc. Also it would allow us easier access for us to be able to copy and paste individual address without having to get to them through our website.
    I think that today's email clients can do 1000x better than we could ever do. Copy the address from your pro sales page and make your own distribution list, easy peasy, no?
  • Options
    edited August 6, 2009
    Andy wrote:
    I think that today's email clients can do 1000x better than we could ever do. Copy the address from your pro sales page and make your own distribution list, easy peasy, no?

Yes this would be easy to do. But I would also think it would be nice to have it web based as well. So say for instance were working away from home for our full time job (not all of us can afford to my photography our only job yet :cry ) it would be nice to be able to log in and still have that option.

Again it's just a thought and just another feature you could work on adding (I would not think it would be that hard) that you could offer.
    Facebook - Twitter
  • Options
    David ManningDavid Manning Registered Users Posts: 66 Big grins
    edited August 10, 2009
    Suppose also that you could assign contacts to individual galleries. You could choose to send automated emails with information about gallery status. Things like, "sale ends Friday", "gallery expires Friday", "Merry Christmas", or "Happy anniversary".
  • Options
    imamuonimamuon Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited September 7, 2009
    Andy wrote:

Andy,

Actually, not so easy pasy...because our email clients are not linked to the CRM (customer) info from the sales/shopping cart back end (unless I missed something). Having to cut/paste/compile customer lists manually takes time away from the core business of photography. If automated, it would add value to the Smugmug hosted services.

Ideally the system would automatically store new customer email addresses (without having to click to add each one) in a sales database per account that could be downloaded into an email client so we can communicate with our customers. I worry about missing that click, and have wanted to get a list of my customers emails out of Smugmug to send out a message for the end of the race season.

Thanks for listening! clap.gif

Kathy
  • Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited September 8, 2009
    imamuon wrote:
    Andy,

Actually, not so easy pasy...because our email clients are not linked to the CRM (customer) info from the sales/shopping cart back end (unless I missed something). Having to cut/paste/compile customer lists manually takes time away from the core business of photography. If automated, it would add value to the Smugmug hosted services.

Ideally the system would automatically store new customer email addresses (without having to click to add each one) in a sales database per account that could be downloaded into an email client so we can communicate with our customers. I worry about missing that click, and have wanted to get a list of my customers emails out of Smugmug to send out a message for the end of the race season.

Thanks for listening! clap.gif

Kathy

How would you have done this back when film was KING......I hate to say this but building a customer database is actually PART OF THE CORE OF ANY CUSTOMER BASED BUSINESS......and so is part of the core of any photographers business.............actually as I see it by your first paragraph having to post process takes way from the core business of photography, no???mwink.gif
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    edited September 9, 2009
    imamuon wrote:
    Andy,

Actually, not so easy pasy...because our email clients are not linked to the CRM (customer) info from

one click and you launch an email - that's pretty easy peasy, no?
  • Options
    shawngsshawngs Registered Users Posts: 17 Big grins
    edited August 22, 2012
    MailChimp Integration
    Andy wrote: »
    one click and you launch an email - that's pretty easy peasy, no?

Any thoughts of integrating with one of the mailing list companies such as MailChimp?
  • Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited August 23, 2012
    shawngs wrote: »
    Any thoughts of integrating with one of the mailing list companies such as MailChimp?
    You could add a suggestion to the SmugMug feedback page. Thanks!
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero