Options

Cape Cod

jsquerijsqueri Registered Users Posts: 244 Major grins
edited August 9, 2009 in Journeys
Visited my aunt and uncle at the cape. I'm used to the Jersey shore so this was a nice change.

The beaches on the bay look like this at low tide. The water must move out a half mile leaving behind little ponds filled with life.

DSC_5307copy.jpg

DSC_5278copy.jpg

DSC_5011copy.jpg

DSC_4851copy.jpg

DSC_5320copy.jpg

High tide looks so different.

DSC_5020copy.jpg

DSC_5071copy.jpg

DSC_4786copy.jpg

Provincetown was full of photo ops.

DSC_5188copy.jpg

DSC_5190copy.jpg

DSC_5132copy.jpg

Kids had fun too.

DSC_4857copy.jpg

Not terribly exotic, but very fun.

Comments

• Options
    rainbowrainbow Registered Users Posts: 2,765 Major grins
    edited August 7, 2009
    Looks like a photographer's paradise at low tide.

Many nice shots! Thanks for sharing.
  • Options
    aerialphotoaerialphoto Registered Users Posts: 299 Major grins
    edited August 7, 2009
    Terrific :)

I'll take the Cape over Florida or the Caribbean any day.
  • Options
    willard3willard3 Registered Users Posts: 2,580 Major grins
    edited August 8, 2009
    Very simple and nice....well-done.
    It is better to die on you feet than to live on your knees.....Emiliano Zapata
  • Options
    20DNoob20DNoob Registered Users Posts: 318 Major grins
    edited August 8, 2009
    Did you get any shots of the signs on the trees? I haven't been down that far on the Cape yet this year.:(:

One of my Aunts used to rent a place for the summer from her friends and we would spend a few weeks, from the backyard it was literally a stones throw to Little Namskaket Creek at the end Skaket Beach. I've only been to Rock Harbor a few times but it can get interesting when the boats come in from a good day.

You should have seen it when I was a kid. At some point someone had run a ship aground and the pilots out of Otis ANG used it for target practice, at least that was the story we were told(probably to try and keep us from going out there). The best part was at low tide you could pretty much walk out to it. The only problem with that is that when the tide comes in it comes in fast. Wouldn't be very tough to find yourself a half mile or so from the shoreline.

P-town on the other hand is quite the extreme opposite. Still a very interesting place to visit so long as you know what to expect, and if you don't, best of luck to not being to overwhelmed by it all at once.eek7.gifrofl

It definitely has a few great shops and galleries, as a matter of fact I'm gonna have to head on down once the season starts to slow a bit. I had seen a series from a photog that was just amazing, I should have picked it up when I first saw it last summer. Now all I can do is hope it's still available.

Thanks for posting and reminding me to get back down that way. thumb.gif
    Christian.

5D2/1D MkII N/40D and a couple bits of glass.
  • Options
    L40L40 Registered Users Posts: 24 Big grins
    edited August 8, 2009
    #2 and #7 (sailboat)... :-)
  • Options
    jsquerijsqueri Registered Users Posts: 244 Major grins
    edited August 9, 2009
    Did you get any shots of the signs on the trees?

I actually tried to get at an angle where they wouldn't be noticed. The speed bumb one cracked me up, but I didn't think it fit the shot.

Thanks all.