wfellerwfeller Registered Users Posts: 2,625 Major grins
edited August 13, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
450-c-se1867-v2.jpg

-
Anybody can do it.

Comments

• adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited August 7, 2009
    It's an interesting shot. You have to look for a while to determine if you are in a hole and that is light coming in from the top, or if that is a top-lit pilliar. Very cool optical illusion in the result.
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • wfellerwfeller Registered Users Posts: 2,625 Major grins
    edited August 7, 2009
    adbsgicom wrote:
    It's an interesting shot. You have to look for a while to determine if you are in a hole and that is light coming in from the top, or if that is a top-lit pilliar. Very cool optical illusion in the result.

Thank you. I like to make images that take up the viewers time, hopefully engage them for a bit. If you study it a little longer you may see more.

-
    Anybody can do it.
  • EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
    edited August 7, 2009
    I see a face protruding from the rock wall on the left lower side; forehead, nose, lips, chin.. quite distinct.

This is very intriguing and interesting to look at. Making it black and white was a good call! Good lighting!
  • adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited August 7, 2009
    Tortoise face at the top....
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • gvfgvf Registered Users Posts: 356 Major grins
    edited August 7, 2009
    Very nice - it has mystery. I like it.
  • AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
    edited August 8, 2009
    Cool shot Walter, I like it.............. azzaro
  • DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited August 8, 2009
    Engaging enough to take a viewers time for interest. Thats is surely the
    pursuit of us all that happily snap away in valley low or mountain high and all the place in between. :D
    Michael
    edited August 8, 2009
    Thank you everyone! "... and all the places in between." I like that :)

-
    Anybody can do it.
  • Mr. QuietMr. Quiet Registered Users Posts: 1,047 Major grins
    edited August 8, 2009
    Bark??????
    If you work at something hard enough, you WILL achieve your goal. "Me"

D200
    NIKKOR 50mm f/1.4 D
    Tamron SP AF90mm f/2.8 Di 1:1

Welcome to my NEW website!

Mr. Christoferson
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited August 8, 2009
    Very interesting indeed...hmmmm.

First --- I like it -- Very good thumb.gif

Second -- Looks like part of an old tree trunk to me.

Third -- Will ya tell us :D:D:D
    edited August 9, 2009
    Dogdots wrote:
    Very interesting indeed...hmmmm.

First --- I like it -- Very good thumb.gif

Second -- Looks like part of an old tree trunk to me.

Third -- Will ya tell us :D:D:D

1 -- Thank you.

2 -- I developed the shot to bring out the face at the bottom. Some of my shots, especially in my BWs, I like to try to insert a psychological aspect. Something that goes a little deeper, and even away from "that's pretty.' In this case, the face represents " I ", first-person singular pronoun, but small, in order to indicate how small the self is, in order to express; how we think the weight of the world is upon us, but if we were not there (did not exist), the weight would still remain, the "i" is not as important as it thinks, just to itself, and rightfully so because without this sense of purpose, there would be no purpose to remain in existance, other than contemplating the decison to end "i". ... There's more, and the discussion actually goes on to be quite positive. mwink.gif

3. -- This is a lava tube in the Mojave. Lava tubes are created by gas entrapped in lava during an erruptive flow. The gas becomes superhot and explodes through the cooling lava blowing openings to the surface. The light shines in through openings in the ceiling. It's, very, very quiet down there- And very dry. I like to think of it as a poor man's sensory deprivation chamber. I spent about two hours down in there by myself studying the walls, light, everything. ... But, all I got were 700 shots of the same thing. ... heheh.

-
    Anybody can do it.
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited August 9, 2009
    wfeller wrote:
    1 -- Thank you.

2 -- I developed the shot to bring out the face at the bottom. Some of my shots, especially in my BWs, I like to try to insert a psychological aspect. Something that goes a little deeper, and even away from "that's pretty.' In this case, the face represents " I ", first-person singular pronoun, but small, in order to indicate how small the self is, in order to express; how we think the weight of the world is upon us, but if we were not there (did not exist), the weight would still remain, the "i" is not as important as it thinks, just to itself, and rightfully so because without this sense of purpose, there would be no purpose to remain in existance, other than contemplating the decison to end "i". ... There's more, and the discussion actually goes on to be quite positive. mwink.gif

3. -- This is a lava tube in the Mojave. Lava tubes are created by gas entrapped in lava during an erruptive flow. The gas becomes superhot and explodes through the cooling lava blowing openings to the surface. The light shines in through openings in the ceiling. It's, very, very quiet down there- And very dry. I like to think of it as a poor man's sensory deprivation chamber. I spent about two hours down in there by myself studying the walls, light, everything. ... But, all I got were 700 shots of the same thing. ... heheh.

-

Thanks for the answers -- that was so nice :D

And...I did have to chuckle at the 700 shots of the same thing, but I bet it was very peaceful.
    edited August 11, 2009
    Dogdots wrote:
    Thanks for the answers -- that was so nice :D

And...I did have to chuckle at the 700 shots of the same thing, but I bet it was very peaceful.

Thank you Mary Kim. It was very strange down there. I'll have to see what else I can pull out of there.

-
    Anybody can do it.
  • Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited August 11, 2009
    wfeller wrote:
    450-c-se1867-v2.jpg

-

Very cool......I like this type of photo a lot.....

Starting at top there seems to be what could be a tortoise or cobra head and hood...coming down the left side....I see a face in anguish....below is a "wolf" with snout resting on the top of a "mans"head...........
    Back on top coming down the right side......below the reptile is a bear.......below the bear is a large alien that is cut off on the right side so we only wee part of it.......at the bottom is another face missing part of it (looks like an animal loking pretty fierce....maybe a wolverine or badger??)............
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

edited August 13, 2009
    Thanks Art. You're pretty good at spotting those- more than I found.

-
    Anybody can do it.