I Captured some Rays! Yey!

GORIOGORIO Registered Users Posts: 262 Major grins
edited August 9, 2009 in Landscapes
i was so excited with this snap because its the first time i captured the sun's rays! i was so focused in metering my foreground and i didn't mind looking at the horizon haha i was just lucky NO HDR here.

what could be the best settings to capture the rays specially when its just peeking among some dark clouds??? really enjoyed processing this shot, at first its not visible then after it slowly creeped in the photo!;)
4 STONES
3785059646_ac87ea055e_b.jpg
"Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea and Ideas are Bulletproof..."

Comments

• TravisTravis Registered Users Posts: 1,472 Major grins
    edited August 7, 2009
    Gorgeous looking landscape capture! thumb.gif Like you, most of my ray captures have been "accidental". I love to know others secret recipes for consistency.
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited August 7, 2009
    Wow!! Very beautiful and I just love that little detail in the background of an already gorgeous photo. I'm loving your beautiful seascapes, so please do keep showing us your shots. :D
  • GORIOGORIO Registered Users Posts: 262 Major grins
    edited August 7, 2009
    schmoo wrote:
    Wow!! Very beautiful and I just love that little detail in the background of an already gorgeous photo. I'm loving your beautiful seascapes, so please do keep showing us your shots. :D

thanks a lot for the kind comment schmoo! it inspires me alot to do better in this passion of ours, all the best!clap.gif
    "Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea and Ideas are Bulletproof..."
    edited August 7, 2009
    Travis wrote:
    Gorgeous looking landscape capture! thumb.gif Like you, most of my ray captures have been "accidental". I love to know others secret recipes for consistency.

yea if others have the technique kindly extend it to us.. these are just priceless moments really!iloveyou.gif
  • Doug SolisDoug Solis Registered Users Posts: 1,190 Major grins
    edited August 7, 2009
    Nice compo Gorio, oh and nice rays too!
  • thapamdthapamd Registered Users Posts: 1,722 Major grins
    edited August 7, 2009
    Sweet light and comp, Gorio! The FG is just terrific! thumb.gif
    Shoot in RAW because memory is cheap but memories are priceless.

Mahesh
    http://www.StarvingPhotographer.com
    edited August 8, 2009
    Doug Solis wrote:
    Nice compo Gorio, oh and nice rays too!
    thanks doug for giving timeiloveyou.gif
    edited August 8, 2009
    thapamd wrote:
    Sweet light and comp, Gorio! The FG is just terrific! thumb.gif

thanks thapamd.rolleyes1.gif my friends also say that the foreground is nice.clap.gif
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited August 8, 2009
    Very nice work as usual !
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • coscorrosacoscorrosa Registered Users Posts: 2,284 Major grins
    edited August 9, 2009
    Gorgeous shot! Love the colors, great comp too.