CH41 Sidewalks of New York

4labs4labs Registered Users Posts: 2,089 Major grins
edited June 28, 2005 in The Dgrin Challenges
Any opinions?

26157669-L.jpg

Comments

• AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited June 26, 2005
    very nice Labby. This is an instance of selective color (?) that works for me. thumb.gif
  • erich6erich6 Registered Users Posts: 1,638 Major grins
    edited June 26, 2005
    I like the tones in this picture and I agree the selective color works here. The off-angle view gives it an unbalanced feel that supports the cluttered streets. It's because of this "feel" that I think the couple with the stroller doesn't work for the shot. It seems out of place and I don't get the feeling like they stand out enough to have a contrast of a peaceful couple entering the busy streets of New York. Not sure if that's what you were going for though....

Erich
  • 4labs4labs Registered Users Posts: 2,089 Major grins
    edited June 26, 2005
    Erich I was looking for exactly what you gave me. I apreciate the feedback and it is always nice to know what others think of your my photographs. I knew I was going to be in Times Square and I knew the movie title I had in mind when I took the photograph. If you live in NYC like I did for many years or you frequent often like I do now, than
    you would know nothing is out of place on the sidewalks of NYC . My main goal was to capture something that said Ny like the Times Square sign and hopefully at 7.30 am there woudl be enough activity to capture something interesting. Personally the pic works for me which in the end is what matters. I would have loved to have captured them walking towards me instead of away but cest la vie , I'll try again another day..
  • bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited June 26, 2005
    To busy for me buddy ne_nau.gif
    Nice work on selective color, still working on that myself.
    And still don't have an entry umph.gif
    did you get all your PM's
    edited June 26, 2005
    bfjr wrote:
    To busy for me buddy ne_nau.gif
    Nice work on selective color, still working on that myself.
    And still don't have an entry umph.gif
    did you get all your PM's
    Ben,
    Who asked you anyway lol?rolleyes1.gifCan you imagine how busy it would have been in the middle of the day or during a workday and not 7.30 am?

I apreciate you having a look. I think we are all caught up. One more on it's way..
  • bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited June 26, 2005
    4labs wrote:
    Ben,
    Who asked you anyway lol?rolleyes1.gif
    Ohhh now that hurt rolleyes1.gif
    Now that I know a tiny bit more, you were just projecting yourself into the scene. Mom, Dad, baby carriage mwink.gifD:D

If nothing else it is a fine Dgrin style Butt shot rolleyes1.gif :hide
  • Mike LaneMike Lane Registered Users Posts: 7,106 Major grins
    edited June 26, 2005
    Is that guy wearing knickers?

The tilted angle is good but it's maybe not enough? Just thinking out loud here but if one is going to tilt a picture like this, perhaps it needs to be tilted a lot so it looks like it was supposed to be tilted. This looks like maybe you were too busy to use the measure tool in PS or straightening tool in ACR.

ne_nau.gif Just saying.
    Y'all don't want to hear me, you just want to dance.

http://photos.mikelanestudios.com/
    edited June 27, 2005
    Mike Lane wrote:
    Is that guy wearing knickers?

The tilted angle is good but it's maybe not enough? Just thinking out loud here but if one is going to tilt a picture like this, perhaps it needs to be tilted a lot so it looks like it was supposed to be tilted. This looks like maybe you were too busy to use the measure tool in PS or straightening tool in ACR.

ne_nau.gif Just saying.
    Hey Mike thnxs for your input. The sign hangs that way its not tilted..
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited June 27, 2005
    I like this Shot
    4labs wrote:
    Any opinions?
    I like the selective colouring in this image.....yup this is something else I need to try my hand at rolleyes1.gif it's all your fault you folks on Dgrin you show us all these images that you smart folks produce, and then ya slap 'em up on the screen for alllllllll to see........we can't help but want to try it too :D

Good Shot......... Skippy (Australia)
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited June 27, 2005
    I thought that photo was soooooo good!

So many really good photos.......................

ginger
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
    edited June 27, 2005
    Thnxs Skippy and Ginger i apreciate yoru comments..and Ginger not nearly as good as yours.. COngrats and best of luck in the voting.
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited June 27, 2005
    the photo is good, but it could be *better* with some people looking at me... nice treatment btw :D
    edited June 28, 2005
    andy wrote:
    the photo is good, but it could be *better* with some people looking at me... nice treatment btw :D
    Thnxs Andy especially for your thread on how to do the treatment.