Film Noir

frgfrg Registered Users Posts: 583 Major grins
edited August 7, 2009 in People
613529332_8ozoH-M.jpg

"this was going to be a bad night, I could feel it in my gut..... you know the feelin, like somebody just walked over your grave..."

Feel free to fill in your own script :D

Comments

• LlywellynLlywellyn Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,186 Major grins
    edited August 7, 2009
    "And that somebody was wearing four-inch heels, sharp enough to stab a man's heart and stop it dead, and red, to help hide the crime. Above them stretched gams higher than my debt, and smoother than the barrel of my gun—of higher caliber, too." :D

I really like the lighting and dead space in the right of the frame, but I wish I could see more of the story: a hint of a hat brim, the curling smoke of a cigarette, the gleam of a gun barrel. Just something in addition to the lighting to make this jump out as film noir. I also like the sense that he just heard a noise behind him and something's about to jump out of all that blackness to get him. thumb.gif

What was your lighting setup?
  • frgfrg Registered Users Posts: 583 Major grins
    edited August 7, 2009
    Llywellyn wrote:
    "And that somebody was wearing four-inch heels, sharp enough to stab a man's heart and stop it dead, and red, to help hide the crime. Above them stretched gams higher than my debt, and smoother than the barrel of my gun—of higher caliber, too." :D

Nice one...:D

I know what you mean but this was actually a candid shot... natural afternoon light passing through plants and a clear pergola, it formed a natural spotlight , spot metered on the face. PP darkened the background a bit more.
  • divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited August 7, 2009
    Llywellyn wrote:

"I knew I shouldn't look because I knew it would spell trouble, the kind of trouble you can't talk your way out of, or even finish off with a gun. But something in the sound of those heels made me turn around. And that's when it all began..."

clap.gifclapclap.gif