Options

Filenames appearing when spcified not to

My3SonsMy3Sons Registered Users Posts: 132 Major grins
edited August 10, 2009 in Bug Reporting
After my gallery was finished I went into the Customize Gallery tab, and chose the option "do not show filenames". After saving changes and reviewing my gallery, some of the pictures are showing filenames, while others are not. I really need the filenames to be hidden, as this is a portrait session for a client. What can we do to fix this?

Here is the link to the gallery:
http://naturalphotography.smugmug.com/gallery/9057814_vDhg5#611868340_tKNXR

Examples of this problem are on picture #'s 15, 20, and 24 on the first page.

I am using Safari, on a Mac.

Website address:
www.naturalphotography.smugmug.com

Thanks, Melissa

Comments

• Options
    edited August 8, 2009
    My3Sons wrote:
    After my gallery was finished I went into the Customize Gallery tab, and chose the option "do not show filenames". After saving changes and reviewing my gallery, some of the pictures are showing filenames, while others are not. I really need the filenames to be hidden, as this is a portrait session for a client. What can we do to fix this?

Here is the link to the gallery:
    http://naturalphotography.smugmug.com/gallery/9057814_vDhg5#611868340_tKNXR

Examples of this problem are on picture #'s 15, 20, and 24 on the first page.

I am using Safari, on a Mac.

Website address:
    www.naturalphotography.smugmug.com

Thanks, Melissa

Just found out that I can temporarily fix the problem my editing the caption- deleteing the file name out.
    Hopefully this can still be fixed, as it still slows down workflow to delete each one. I will leave the caption/filename on #15 still, so you can see the problem to find a solution. Thanks so much.
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited August 8, 2009
    #15 in your gallery - how did you process it? It's got DSC_0037 as a Caption. We didn't add that... so we need to find out how you did and then we can help best :D

Thanks!
  • Options
    edited August 8, 2009
    Andy wrote:
    #15 in your gallery - how did you process it? It's got DSC_0037 as a Caption. We didn't add that... so we need to find out how you did and then we can help best :D

Thanks!

Processed in ACR, then opened up in CS4 and added some actions and sharpened. Then changed to 8 bit mode and saved as a JPeg.

About a fourth of the pictures had the captions like that.
  • Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited August 9, 2009
    My3Sons wrote:
    Processed in ACR, then opened up in CS4 and added some actions and sharpened. Then changed to 8 bit mode and saved as a JPeg.

About a fourth of the pictures had the captions like that.
    Which uploader did you use for uploading? Maybe the uploader is set to add the filename to SmugMug caption?

Sebastian
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited August 10, 2009
    Which uploader did you use for uploading? Maybe the uploader is set to add the filename to SmugMug caption?

Sebastian

I used Macdaddy for the first time. Maybe that could be it, although, it only happened on some of the pictures. How would I check the setting for it?