613758558_E8zfC-X2.jpg

Puffing Billy, Dandenong Ranges, Victoria

1/80 sec | f22 | ISO 800

I gave the driver a wave, so he blew the steam for me. :D

The first shot is warmed up a little.

Comments

• thapamdthapamd Registered Users Posts: 1,722 Major grins
    edited August 8, 2009
    I love train images, and these are spectacular! That 1st one, warmed up, is delicious! :Dclap.gifthumb.gif
    Shoot in RAW because memory is cheap but memories are priceless.

Mahesh
    http://www.StarvingPhotographer.com
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited August 8, 2009
    What an amazing thing to see! Right out of ye olde days :D I think I do like the slightly warmed one, but I can't get over the beauty of the jungle-like trees around it, too. Is this a regularly running line or is it some kind of sightseeing attraction?
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited August 8, 2009
    Oh my....I'd be scared riding that train over that wooden bridge. I like your 1st photo the best thumb.gif
  • Doug SolisDoug Solis Registered Users Posts: 1,190 Major grins
    edited August 8, 2009
    Very nicely done. Great clarity and I love the setting, it is almost jungle like. Both are keepers although I agree with the gang #1 is tops.
  • ChristopherJAshdownChristopherJAshdown Registered Users Posts: 98 Big grins
    edited August 8, 2009
    schmoo wrote:
    What an amazing thing to see! Right out of ye olde days :D I think I do like the slightly warmed one, but I can't get over the beauty of the jungle-like trees around it, too. Is this a regularly running line or is it some kind of sightseeing attraction?

It's a great little train that runs through the national park three times a day. There is lots of little devonshire tea houses (scones and cream and tea/coffee) and old fashioned train stations. Even the train drivers and controllers dress up in the old uniforms.