On Final - HongQiao Airport, Shanghai

michswissmichswiss Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,235 Major grins
edited August 8, 2009 in Landscapes
I am based in Shanghai and find myself flying somewhere in China most weeks for my work. Most domestic flights from Shanghai arrive and depart from HongQiao airport, a smallish (for China) airport on the west side of town.

I have recently begun taking shots out the window while taxiing, taking off and landing. I captured this shot on Wednesday while on final approach. It was cloudy and murky, but I liked the buildings and feeling the pp created. All C&C welcome.

1) Shanghai Cityscape
613853103_kGbXg-XL.jpg

2) Post apocalyptic processing (too much?)
613852293_Yk8U2-XL.jpg

Comments

• thapamdthapamd Registered Users Posts: 1,722 Major grins
    edited August 8, 2009
    Nice moody shots! thumb.gif Boy oh boy...look at all that pollution! :(:
    Shoot in RAW because memory is cheap but memories are priceless.

Mahesh
    http://www.StarvingPhotographer.com
  • custommindscustomminds Registered Users Posts: 29 Big grins
    edited August 8, 2009
    great photos! really makes me think of some dark anime or movie (batman or such)
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited August 8, 2009
    Man reminds me Apoclypto's Solar eclipse scene !

Nice processing
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • michswissmichswiss Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,235 Major grins
    edited August 8, 2009
    Thanks for the comments guys. I felt a power to the first conversion that somehow represented a different version of Shanghai that I understand but is hard to express. The second is a happy coincidence of exploring the RAW file to see what might show up. If you know the Shanghai skyline, you'll recognise several of the buildings.