DSS #30 - Options and opinions

michswissmichswiss Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,235 Major grins
edited August 9, 2009 in The Dgrin Challenges
I love the idea of this challenge as I really enjoy getting out on the street and shooting people in their own environments. Here are some options I've come up with over the last couple of weeks. As you can probably imagine these can't be reshot, but I will go out again this evening, so I might have one or two more as of tomorrow. Thoughts? C&C? Titles?

1) Day is done - version 1
613828163_fga3S-L.jpg

2) Day is done - version 2
613844353_tozWD-L.jpg

3) Shopkeeper
613848635_EAyJs-L.jpg

4) Repairs
613849282_mJZQU-L.jpg

Comments

• ic4uic4u Registered Users Posts: 1,455 Major grins
    edited August 8, 2009
    These all fit the theme great IMO, my favorite is definitely #3...now there's a man who has a lifetime of stories to tell! Wonderful expression you captured, my only suggestion would be to add a little contrast. Niice job!
    Karin

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth." — Mark Twain
  • MarkRMarkR Registered Users Posts: 2,099 Major grins
    edited August 8, 2009
    I vote #3 and am jealous. :D
  • richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited August 8, 2009
  • divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited August 8, 2009
    They're all really great street shots. I think overall I'm most intrigued by #4, but agree that #3 is probably the best for the challenge. Nice work! thumb.gif
  • WhatSheSawWhatSheSaw Registered Users Posts: 2,221 Major grins
    edited August 8, 2009
    I like 1 and 4, but the light bulb is a distraction. Maybe a crop on 4 to focus on the guy on the left. Then you might have to do something about the hand of the guy on the right.

In #3, there are a couple of bright lines in the background next to his face. Maybe clone those out.

Great pics, great subjects!
  • ghinsonghinson Registered Users Posts: 933 Major grins
    edited August 8, 2009
    I like #3. But I kinda like #2 as well. What sets those two apart to me is that the other two could be portraits of either subject. Whereas #2 says here's a bartender in jis environment, and #3 says here's a content, elderly man, at home. Either way, nice feel to these pics. They all seem like they want to tell me a story.
    uosuıɥ ƃǝɹƃ
    ackdoc.com
  • travelwaystravelways Registered Users Posts: 7,854 Major grins
    edited August 9, 2009
    #3 is fantastic!!!
    Tatiana - Seeing the world through my camera
    TravelwaysPhotos.com ...... Facebook
    VegasGreatAttractions.com
    Travelways.com
  • michswissmichswiss Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,235 Major grins
    edited August 9, 2009
    Thanks for the feedback guys. I've gone with #3 with some slight tweaks based on your advice. Much appreciated! bowdown.gif

Divamum, I'll repost the repair team with some extra shots and context in People later this week once I'm back in Shanghai.