My 1st Practice shot with New Macro Set-up

DonRicklinDonRicklin Registered Users Posts: 5,551 Major grins
edited August 9, 2009 in Holy Macro
Using Weston V Metering and the lens set-up seen at My 'new' MAcro set-up on my K-10D shooting at 1/5 sec at ƒ 1:8, ISO 100:

613507942_n9FGz-L.jpg

Don
Don Ricklin - Gear: Canon EOS 5D Mark III, was Pentax K7
'I was older then, I'm younger than that now' ....
My Blog | Q+ | Moderator, Lightroom Forums | My Amateur Smugmug Stuff | My Blurb book Rust and Whimsy. More Rust , FaceBook

Comments

• Lord VetinariLord Vetinari Registered Users Posts: 15,901 Major grins
    edited August 9, 2009
    Good one.
    Why the need for the external meter ?

Brian V.
  • DonRicklinDonRicklin Registered Users Posts: 5,551 Major grins
    edited August 9, 2009
    Good one.
    Why the need for the external meter ?

Brian V.
    On my Pentax I am not getting a ƒ-stop suggestion reading with teh built in only showing speed. This is an old Manual screwount lens.

I thought it would give suggested apperture reading but it doesn't seem to. I have a Pentax K-7 coming. Maybe it will do better.

I am still getting used to how close or far I need to have theset-up to be in a given focusing range. Still experimenting.

Thanks for the feedback.

Don
    My Blog | Q+ | Moderator, Lightroom Forums | My Amateur Smugmug Stuff | My Blurb book Rust and Whimsy. More Rust , FaceBook
  • DonRicklinDonRicklin Registered Users Posts: 5,551 Major grins
    edited August 9, 2009
    I figured out how to do the in camera reading! I set the ƒ-stop manually and focus manually. Then I push a certain button on the camera that selects a speed which gives a good average histogram curve. Then shoot. Of course I can still adjust speed/ƒ-stop up and down a bit as needed.

Don
  • Lord VetinariLord Vetinari Registered Users Posts: 15,901 Major grins
    edited August 9, 2009
    DonRicklin wrote:
    I figured out how to do the in camera reading! I set the ƒ-stop manually and focus manually. Then I push a certain button on the camera that selects a speed which gives a good average histogram curve. Then shoot. Of course I can still adjust speed/ƒ-stop up and down a bit as needed.

Don
    Was going to say the camera should meter fine in Av or Tv modes. Assume M mode would work with TTL flash
    Brian V.