Options

High School Pigskin

KMCCKMCC Registered Users Posts: 717 Major grins
edited August 19, 2009 in Sports
Two weeks until the opening of the high school football season here in Georgia. Here's a few shots from my local school's inter-squad scrimmage this morning.

614224215_LTngm-L.jpg

614224013_mLEwH-L.jpg

614224414_CRDND-L.jpg

Kent
"Not everybody trusts paintings, but people believe photographs."- Ansel Adams
Web site

Comments

• Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,917 moderator
    edited August 10, 2009
    Is it football season already? Yeowzers!

You're off to a good start.
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    ErbemanErbeman Registered Users Posts: 926 Major grins
    edited August 10, 2009
    I'm diggin the last capture.
    Come see my Photos at:
    http://www.RussErbePhotography.com :thumb
    http://www.sportsshooter.com/erbeman

D700, D300, Nikkor 35-70 F/2.8, Nikkor 50mm F/1.8, Nikkor 70-200 AF-S VR F/2.8, Nikkor AF-S 1.7 teleconverter II,(2) Profoto D1 500 Air,SB-900, SB-600, (2)MB-D10, MacBook Pro
  • Options
    ASkipASkip Registered Users Posts: 224 Major grins
    edited August 11, 2009
    KMCC wrote:
    Two weeks until the opening of the high school football season here in Georgia. Here's a few shots from my local school's inter-squad scrimmage this morning.

614224013_mLEwH-L.jpg
    Yay. Football!! I see you have the (to me) dreaded pointy end of the football coming towards you... which is often followed by dude catching it (or missing it) and bodies flying out of bounds at you. no? What happened next?

anna
  • Options
    edited August 12, 2009
    ASkip wrote:
    Yay. Football!! I see you have the (to me) dreaded pointy end of the football coming towards you... which is often followed by dude catching it (or missing it) and bodies flying out of bounds at you. no? What happened next?

anna
    Hi Anna!

The last time I saw you, we were dodging lacrosse balls in Denver!

I was well out of harm's way while taking these shots; about 30 yards down field using the 400mm.

I can tell you from first hand experience that being hit with the pointy end of a football is nothing compared to getting smacked by a lacrosse ball.

I hope you're staying busy in SoCal.

Kent
    Web site
  • Options
    WolftepWolftep Registered Users Posts: 67 Big grins
    edited August 17, 2009
    ASkip wrote:
    What happened next?

The offensive lineman on the right there was called for holding, there was a 10 yard penalty assessed and they replayed the down. :D
  • Options
    Luke J. PhotographyLuke J. Photography Registered Users Posts: 204 Major grins
    edited August 17, 2009
    Great shots! Day time High School football, you are so lucky.
  • Options
    dbaker1221dbaker1221 Registered Users Posts: 4,482 Major grins
    edited August 17, 2009
    excellent shots
    **If I keep shooting, I'm bound to hit something**
    Dave
  • Options
    edited August 18, 2009
    Great shots! Day time High School football, you are so lucky.
    Luck is fleeting. This was a preseason inter-squad scrimmage played at a Saturday morning practice session.

All of the regular season games are played at night under inadequate stadium lights. :D

Kent
    Web site
  • Options
    Luke J. PhotographyLuke J. Photography Registered Users Posts: 204 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2009
    KMCC wrote:
    Luck is fleeting. This was a preseason inter-squad scrimmage played at a Saturday morning practice session.

All of the regular season games are played at night under inadequate stadium lights. :D
    Not so lucky then. If only high schools used NFL stadium lighting. :giggle