Friend's Awesome car collection Photo shoot.

Z06NutZ06Nut Registered Users Posts: 84 Big grins
edited August 11, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
614329821_V23mR-XL.jpg
614291445_yePaq-XL.jpg
614328852_DSrVy-XL.jpg
614327969_nXcye-XL.jpg
614289961_CDYSe-XL.jpg
614286458_9sU3R-XL.jpg
614288325_shX6c-XL.jpg
614326125_e7xzW-XL.jpg
614296794_AFguP-XL.jpg

The rest can be found on the link below. I'm still working on more from the shoot but these are some of the better ones.

http://z06nut.smugmug.com/gallery/9202131_sGz7S#614288325_shX6c

Comments

• SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited August 9, 2009
    Z06Nut wrote:

The rest can be found on the link below. I'm still working on more from the shoot but these are some of the better ones.

http://z06nut.smugmug.com/gallery/9202131_sGz7S#614288325_shX6c

Wow does this person drive a different car every day of the week??? eek7.gif
    That's quite a collection.

I have no clue when it comes to car, I just like my old car to actually go when I turn the key rolleyes1.gif

I like the car in image #6 second from the left the maroon coloured one.

I also like your HDR on the last shot nod.gif

Nice series of shots Z06Nut thumb.gif .... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Z06NutZ06Nut Registered Users Posts: 84 Big grins
    edited August 9, 2009
    Skippy wrote:
    Wow does this person drive a different car every day of the week??? eek7.gif
    That's quite a collection.

I have no clue when it comes to car, I just like my old car to actually go when I turn the key rolleyes1.gif

I like the car in image #6 second from the left the maroon coloured one.

I also like your HDR on the last shot nod.gif

Nice series of shots Z06Nut thumb.gif .... Skippy :D

The "HDR" was actually one shot in raw. I tweaked it in raw, smart sharpening than I added the water color filter.
  • kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
    edited August 9, 2009
    Honestly, you almost lost me after the first five shots. Random bits of automobile corners, with the interesting details clipped off, and partially occluded by vegetation, what were you thinking? Really the only shot I like is the one where they're all lined up in front of the garage. Even though I realize you were most likely going for artistic effect, the varying tilts in the rest of them says to me that you don't know how to hold your camera straight. Of course, these are just my opinions and maybe I just don't get the genre.

Regards,
    -joel
  • CoryUTCoryUT Registered Users Posts: 367 Major grins
    edited August 10, 2009
    I like the last shot and the group shots. I'm another who would like to see more of each individual car. The bits and pieces at various tilts are a bit frustrating to scroll through.
    Daily Shot
    My Photographic Adventures

Nikon D7000 | 10-20 | 50 | 55-200
  • W.W. WebsterW.W. Webster Registered Users Posts: 3,204 Major grins
    edited August 10, 2009
    Z06Nut wrote:
    614288325_shX6c-L.jpg
    The photographer should park more discretely! :D
  • InsuredDisasterInsuredDisaster Registered Users Posts: 1,132 Major grins
    edited August 10, 2009
    I agree with the above. The random shots at first seem more like you are shoving a huge lens into the trees on the end of a broom stick, and it just kinda worked out, 'razzi style, aside from the weird angles. However, I might just not get it.

First line up is interesting, but one tends to look at any line up of such cars.

The last one, now that is cool, but for me the other cars take away something. Wish there was a plainer background.

Chevy is cool.

What I'd also like to see is a less distracting background. The camaro has a lot of trees in the background.
    edited August 10, 2009
    The photographer should park more discretely! :D

The photographer's ride is part of the shoot. thumb.gif
    It's the blue Z06 with the stripes.
    616449663_k2kyS-XL.jpg
    edited August 10, 2009
    I agree with the above. The random shots at first seem more like you are shoving a huge lens into the trees on the end of a broom stick, and it just kinda worked out, 'razzi style, aside from the weird angles. However, I might just not get it.

First line up is interesting, but one tends to look at any line up of such cars.

The last one, now that is cool, but for me the other cars take away something. Wish there was a plainer background.

Chevy is cool.

What I'd also like to see is a less distracting background. The camaro has a lot of trees in the background.

Yea I wish we could trailer all of them or better yet drive them to a nice location and shoot. It was a very small place to shoot all these cars.
  • InsuredDisasterInsuredDisaster Registered Users Posts: 1,132 Major grins
    edited August 10, 2009
    Z06Nut wrote:
    Yea I wish we could trailer all of them or better yet drive them to a nice location and shoot. It was a very small place to shoot all these cars.

Which begs the question, how does he store them all?
    edited August 11, 2009
    Which begs the question, how does he store them all?

6 inside the garage and the rest on the driveway. He can fit about 6 to 7 cars on the driveway. He covers them up. He also has room curbside.

He prob. doesn't ever have them all there since it always seems that at least a couple of them are in the shop getting some mod or maintenance done to them.