Portland Head Lighthouse

cmkultradomecmkultradome Registered Users Posts: 516 Major grins
edited August 9, 2009 in Landscapes
I took the boys on our annual summer vacation to my parent's cabin in Downeast Maine. Usually we take the most direct/fastest route possible with no stops because the kids would rather just get there. This year however I talked them into a slight detour and we went out to Portland Head Lighthouse. I had only been there once before and that was about 9 years ago, without a camera. I played around with some HDR on the last two photos. We were there around 11:15 so the sun was pretty harsh, although I'm not complaining - we just had the best week of weather we've had all summer in the Northeast!!! C&C appreciated. I might be stopping by again on my way up to the shootout in October, or I may try Nubble Light, Pemaquid Light, or Marshall Point Light.

Stephanie

614965412_Yq4UZ-L.jpg

614966513_7V5v7-L.jpg

614972514_Nejb6-L.jpg

614974659_GQCQj-L.jpg

Comments

• thapamdthapamd Registered Users Posts: 1,722 Major grins
    edited August 9, 2009
    I love the coast of Maine, Stephanie. Few few years ago, I spent some time driving up and down its coast, photographing every lighthouse I could find. The shots you present here are beautifully composed with nice color and feel. Great job! thumb.gif
    Shoot in RAW because memory is cheap but memories are priceless.

Mahesh
    http://www.StarvingPhotographer.com