a few recent clients

VayCayMomVayCayMom Registered Users Posts: 1,870 Major grins
edited August 10, 2009 in People
recently shot my pharmacist and her 6 month old, Mom really did not want to be included but I promised I would touch up since she was not prepared....she loves how they turned out, but the little guy was too curious about the camera and kept looking at me instead of mom..

614087079_pp7s5-L.jpg

and a young gal I know that has begun a business venture with her best friend and wanted some photos to show what great buddies they are...

this was my favorite!!

1612875151_fAohf-L.jpg

this is on their home page

2612881305_ptRXb-L.jpg

this was their BF selection

612877424_T4fVL-L.jpg

some other I liked and had fun with...

3612882679_q7VMp-L.jpg

4612874298_PQZGg-L.jpg

5612875860_AoSt9-L.jpg
6612876989_yr9i9-L.jpg
Trudy
www.CottageInk.smugmug.com

NIKON D700

Comments

• pwppwp Registered Users Posts: 230 Major grins
    edited August 9, 2009
    I absolutely love the first shot of the friends. (Actually, I like the entire set, but something about the heels and cacti, combined with the pose just makes the pic pop!) For the first image of mom and baby, I do like it, but I'm a little distracted by the soft halo around his hair. He sure is a cutie, though!
    ~Ang~
    My Site
    Proud Photog for The Littlest Heroes Project and Operation: LoveReunited
    Lovin' my Canon 5D Mark II!
  • adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited August 9, 2009
    I agree with pwp, and with the selections you and they made. I love the structure of the first one, though it seems a bit over exposed, the full white dress (at least after being shrunk down) has lost too much detail. Looks like the sun was not your ally in this shoot. I think the choice for the picture that says 'friends' is the best choice there. I initially felt #4 was the better way of saying friends, but the woman on the left's pose was just slightly off and made me prefer the selected shot. I like the last one a lot as well, but I can see why they picked the other for their BF pic; 6 feels more like a portrait and the BF pic feels more like a candid.

Very nice work, and thanks for sharing. Good luck to your friends in their venture.
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • Darren Troy CDarren Troy C Registered Users Posts: 1,927 Major grins
    edited August 9, 2009
    Love the comp of the first one, but whatever treatment you applied to the little man's skin and eyes is very distracting. It looks like he has beautiful eyes regardless but the treatment is overdone, IMO.

Disclaimer :D Now that I go back and study it more....maybe it's the crappy monitor from my wife's office. Maybe you didn't do anything, but looks "worked on" to me.
  • RBrogenRBrogen Registered Users Posts: 1,518 Major grins
    edited August 10, 2009
    Wonderful series but have to say #1 is absolutely wonderful!!!! clap.gifclap.gif
    Randy Brogen, CPP
    www.brogen.com

Member: PPA , PPANE, PPAM & NAPP
  • VayCayMomVayCayMom Registered Users Posts: 1,870 Major grins
    edited August 10, 2009
    adbsgicom wrote:
    I agree with pwp, and with the selections you and they made. I love the structure of the first one, though it seems a bit over exposed, the full white dress (at least after being shrunk down) has lost too much detail. Looks like the sun was not your ally in this shoot. I think the choice for the picture that says 'friends' is the best choice there. I initially felt #4 was the better way of saying friends, but the woman on the left's pose was just slightly off and made me prefer the selected shot. I like the last one a lot as well, but I can see why they picked the other for their BF pic; 6 feels more like a portrait and the BF pic feels more like a candid.

Very nice work, and thanks for sharing. Good luck to your friends in their venture.

Ha, just before the #6 shot one mentioned these were like engagement photos!! I knew someone would call me out on the blown whites, but I kinda liked the look, we are after all in AZ and it had to be a high of 112 later that day. The one they selected was not IMO flattering to both of them, but they are super happy with the results and my friend asked me what I would charge to shoot her bridal shower, I was very flattered.
    Trudy

NIKON D700
    edited August 10, 2009
    pwp wrote:
    I absolutely love the first shot of the friends. (Actually, I like the entire set, but something about the heels and cacti, combined with the pose just makes the pic pop!) For the first image of mom and baby, I do like it, but I'm a little distracted by the soft halo around his hair. He sure is a cutie, though!

I am not sure what you mean by halo. is it is fine hair that is oof around his head?
    Trudy

NIKON D700
    edited August 10, 2009
    Idlewild wrote:
    Love the comp of the first one, but whatever treatment you applied to the little man's skin and eyes is very distracting. It looks like he has beautiful eyes regardless but the treatment is overdone, IMO.

Disclaimer :D Now that I go back and study it more....maybe it's the crappy monitor from my wife's office. Maybe you didn't do anything, but looks "worked on" to me.

I think it was the monitor, I HOPE!! Thanks.
    Trudy

NIKON D700
    edited August 10, 2009
    RBrogen wrote:
    Wonderful series but have to say #1 is absolutely wonderful!!!! clap.gifclap.gif

Thank you Randy, I hope the Mom likes it as much as you do when she sees the final product!
    Trudy

NIKON D700
  • WingsOfLovePhotoWingsOfLovePhoto Registered Users Posts: 797 Major grins
    edited August 10, 2009
    Very nice! don't you love the full frame and the 85mm? Looks like you had fun!
    Snady :thumb
    my money well spent :D
    Nikon D4, D3s, D3, D700, Nikkor 24-70, 70-200 2.8 vrII, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.4, 105mm macro, sigma fisheye, SB 800's and lots of other goodies!
  • pwppwp Registered Users Posts: 230 Major grins
    edited August 10, 2009
    VayCayMom wrote:
    I am not sure what you mean by halo. is it is fine hair that is oof around his head?

Yeah, that's it...now that I am on my bigger (calibrated) monitor I can see more clearly. It just kinda makes it look like he's got a hairlight right behind him in the smaller size pics. I know the mom will love it, though. :D
    ~Ang~
    My Site
    Proud Photog for The Littlest Heroes Project and Operation: LoveReunited
    Lovin' my Canon 5D Mark II!